Combine KU & DSS ???

Status
Please reply by conversation.

empiretc

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 4, 2008
I have a friend who wants to setup Galaxy 25 along with his current dish sub. He lives in a 100 year old spanish style home and had the 2 satellite lines installed during a remodel.

Both lines run to a HD receiver off of two separate satellite dishes. One line goes to a Dish 500 and the other line goes to a Single (both DPP). There is NO way to run another line .

What combiner can I use to feed both the KU and dss signal on one line? I have used diplexers and I know they will not work for this. I am looking for something that will work in this situation.

***I searched a lot and could not find an answer. I am sure this has been covered before. Sorry.***

Last edited:
unfortunatelly unless its like some bandstacker you would need 2 lines....and I dont know if the bandstacker will work

diplexers combine antenna or cable & satellite....those work since the frequencies are different. Satellite runs near the same frequencies

unfortunatelly unless its like some bandstacker you would need 2 lines....and I dont know if the bandstacker will work

diplexers combine antenna or cable & satellite....those work since the frequencies are different. Satellite runs near the same frequencies

So is there any type of switch or some other option? I am really trying to help him out.

He ordered a Geosatpro with Universal LNB. Thanks Ice!

Both lines run to a HD receiver off of two separate satellite dishes. One line goes to a Dish 500 and the other line goes to a Single (both DPP). There is NO way to run another line .
Ask this question in the Dish Network forum.
I believe with the HD receiver, and the DPP LNBs, he can relocate his switch outdoors, and use only one of the cables coming into his house for Dish.
Indoors he'd use their "combiner" , I think it's called, to make two cables for the Dish HD receiver again.

Then, the 2nd coax would be free for the 97° bird.

But, I may be mistaken...

I believe with the HD receiver, and the DPP LNBs, he can relocate his switch outdoors, and use only one of the cables coming into his house for Dish.
Indoors he'd use their "combiner" , I think it's called, to make two cables for the Dish HD receiver again.

Yep, it's called a DP seperator

Yes, I already contemplated that idea. I think that is the way I am going to have to go. Since they are DPP lnbs, I think I can get away with a DPP separator.

I know a DirecTV Receiver will not, but would a Dish Receiver default a DiSEqC switch to port 1?
Then use the Loop Through on the FTA receiver.

wont work

a DPP Separator is only for a dual tuner Dish receiver
Oh, crap! You ARE right !
But, whenever I think of HD on Dish, I always think of their PVR, an IT's dual-tuner.
There I go assuming again! - :cool:

But, if it's a single tuner receiver, then it still just needs one coax coming in from an external switch (or switch-enhanced LNBf).
So, I'm thinking the user has a switch inside, and if he doesn't mind putting it out under the eaves, this might work.
...at least if it's a DPP-x switch, and not a DP-34 !

The room where he wants it has a HD dual tuner. I think it is a 722.
You know, there's nothing at all wrong with putting the dish on a 5' post in the back yard.
Then, maybe he can bring the coax in through the foundation or basement.
Just another way to look at the problem. Don't need that 97° dish on the roof. :)

after I reread the post I have a few questions
what sats are the dishes aimed at?
how are they connected now to the receiver?
do you know what LNB's they are?

There is no such thing as a DPP Single....

If he has a DPP Twin and a DP single just hook a cable from the DP single to the input on the DPPTwin (yes there is one input)....then hook the DPP separator when it comes into the house to the HD receiver (as long as its a dual tuner)...that leaves one extra line for the 97 dish setup because the separator will allow you to use both tuners through one line

If you only have one receiver (i.e. one dual tuner 722), then you can follow what Iceberg suggested.

If you have two DN receivers (one a Dual Tuner and the other a Single tuner), then it is a different setup.

You can combine the KU and DBS signal on one line on simple setups.

You can combine the KU and DBS signal on one line on simple setups.

How?

I need to go back and have a better look at what the original installer did. For all I know, there are separators in the wall somewhere.

Maybe the second coax line is the one coming out to another TV. If it is, I know I can use diplexers on that one.

Ice, from the looks of the dishes it is 110/119 on the 500 and 61.5 on the single.

I will go back next week. He lives an hour away and I want to take more than enough stuff with me.

Thanks guys.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts