Offbeat uses for Dishes

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Cadsulfide

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 8, 2008
Cavalier, North Dakota
A lot of folks out there are using dishes for things other than reception of DVB signals. Now, I'm not talking about converting a driect dish into a birdbath. What oddball uses have you found while looking for other things?

Here is a guy that is converting them into solar concentrators....way cool!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElXHAFq13jI&feature=channel]YouTube - SATELLITE DISH CONVERSION Huge Parabolic Mirror Solar Power Reflective Film[/ame]

:hungry:

Turkey hunting is big here. Someone in town turned a mesh BUD into a giant turkey lawn ornament, the BUD being the tail section. Can't get you pictures today, snow season is officially upon us.

Somebody in my town took two BUDs and mounted them facing each other and mounted it on there garage so it looks like a UFO. They even put lights in them.

the local Children's science museum has two c-band sized dishes separated by a hundred feet or so (so one could stand at the focal point of one dish and say something into the dish and one at the other dish could stand at the focal point with ear into dish and listen to what the first one is saying).

Someone in my area has a motorized 10 footer fitted with a microphone aimed at a swamp. I've never seen or heard the results, but I was told it was incredible. I will track this one down next year.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts