Combining Signals

stimpson

Miller Lite Tester
Original poster
Oct 2, 2006
Benton, Arkansas
My current set up is as follows. I currently have DSL. I have Dish and OTA (powered) cables going to my Hopper. My modem, router, and switch, all live in my entertainment center. I am getting 60meg cable internet installed tomorrow. The Dish and OTA are the only two drops going to my entertainment center. Will they have to run another drop, or can they diplex with one of the two existing cables?

My current set up is as follows. I currently have DSL. I have Dish and OTA (powered) cables going to my Hopper. My modem, router, and switch, all live in my entertainment center. I am getting 60meg cable internet installed tomorrow. The Dish and OTA are the only two drops going to my entertainment center. Will they have to run another drop, or can they diplex with one of the two existing cables?
They can't diplex to ota. And i don't think they can diplex off a node. Unless the node is inside they might be able to diplex into the lines feeding the node.

Keep in mind next to no cable guy is going to be prepared to diplex... expect a new line to be run.

They can't diplex to ota. And i don't think they can diplex off a node. Unless the node is inside they might be able to diplex into the lines feeding the node.

Keep in mind next to no cable guy is going to be prepared to diplex... expect a new line to be run.

Yea they will run a new drop.

Just don't let the installer try to use an existing line and try to get you to call dish to rerun their line.