Comcast Drops Yankees (YES) Network

You know what. Comcast doesn't service New York. It's just Time warner and cable vision.

The only real issue I can see is New Jersey as that's a Comcast area.

Unless Comcast services NYC it's not really a deal breaker for most people

You know what. Comcast doesn't service New York. It's just Time warner and cable vision.

The only real issue I can see is New Jersey as that's a Comcast area.

Unless Comcast services NYC it's not really a deal breaker for most people
Bull crap..I guess you don't realize how many Yankees fans are in nj

any updates here?! less than a week to go til MLB opening day!!!
want to switch from Directv to Comcast but WON'T until YES is turned back on!
I would guess they work out a deal by end of next week...

any updates here?! less than a week to go til MLB opening day!!!
want to switch from Directv to Comcast but WON'T until YES is turned back on!
I would guess they work out a deal by end of next week...
Seems like Comcast has dug in their heels. Im ready to move too DirecTV.

If I were a Comcast sub(I am with Charter) I'd be calling Comcast and asking where my price discount was. Since Comcast hasn't been paying anything for YES at all since Novembers, they are saving a lot of money, so as a customer in the NYC area, I'd be asking for my savings as well.

If I were a Comcast sub(I am with Charter) I'd be calling Comcast and asking where my price discount was. Since Comcast hasn't been paying anything for YES at all since Novembers, they are saving a lot of money, so as a customer in the NYC area, I'd be asking for my savings as well.
I wonder if Comcast caves in, they say that nobody watches YES but I think we all know that is a crock. I doubt that Fox lowers the YES rates. Will Comcast lose enough subscribers to force them to make a deal. I say they agree to something by May 1.

There was a rumor that YES and DISH were talking. And with DISH finally adding 24/7 HD RSN's it would have been great to have them add YES.

However I have heard nothing since I heard this rumor about 3 weeks ago. If they don't have it by Opening Day then I don't expect them to add it this year.

There was a rumor that YES and DISH were talking. And with DISH finally adding 24/7 HD RSN's it would have been great to have them add YES.

However I have heard nothing since I heard this rumor about 3 weeks ago. If they don't have it by Opening Day then I don't expect them to add it this year.
It's going to depend on how much pressure Comcast feels from it's customers. If the majority don't care about YES not being in the lineup they will just wait it out. If the noise gets too loud I bet they rush the the table and make a deal.

There was a rumor that YES and DISH were talking. And with DISH finally adding 24/7 HD RSN's it would have been great to have them add YES. However I have heard nothing since I heard this rumor about 3 weeks ago. If they don't have it by Opening Day then I don't expect them to add it this year.

Scott - I don't mean to go off topic, but the line about Dish finally adding 24/7 HD RSN's - right now the HD feeds go off for 8 hours during the middle of the night - is that a minor detail they are going to fix to make them true HD 24/7? You alluded in the other thread that they were not done yet, so I assume that is what they were going to fix?

Regarding Dish & Yes, I remember when the same guy was on both boards and still nothing got done. Any RSN in NY for Dish customers would be a welcomed site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts