Comcast HD

bdemz said:
Does anyone know if Comcast does HD-Lite?
Currently, no. Comcast passes whatever the station or content provider gives them converting it to QAM as the only "processing" being done to the signal.

Well I will just say that the Comcast here im Philly looks pretty darn good. At one time I thought the E* was better, but no longer. Although I do not have all the channels considering how much I am saving in the 1st year alone and since most of my HD viewing is OTA it kicks ass actully.

Gary, sorry I missed you trying to get a mass exodus going I jumped off relatively quickly.

Gary Murrell said:
Comcast has policy to not touch HD, no I am not kidding
some areas are breaking this rule, but that is certainly a small minority
-Gary

Damn I wish I could jump ship now. Still have a few months left on my contract.

The thing it seems like I will miss most is HDNet and HDMovies as comcast does not carry that, at least in my area. I dod get INHD1 & 2 which is comparable, but by looking at the guide the content doesn't seem to be as good as the HDNets but by no means is the content horrible, so its a close tradeoff.

Reefer123 said:
The thing it seems like I will miss most is HDNet and HDMovies as comcast does not carry that, at least in my area. I dod get INHD1 & 2 which is comparable, but by looking at the guide the content doesn't seem to be as good as the HDNets but by no means is the content horrible, so its a close tradeoff.

I am with you on this. HD Net is the ONLY reason I"m still with Dish. I have comcast as well an INHD are great but HDNET is the best.

Comcast with their SA8300 dual tuner box for $5 a month can't be beat. You can always upgade to the latest box and the picture is great. I am sick of Charlie's sh*t. I've been with dish 6 years now and bought a 921 about 9 months ago. If he thinks he's going to add HD content that I can't see without buying a new box he's crazy. I've been paying for the Same VOOM programming over and over for 8 months now as well.

Also, the Comcast box allowed me to add a $180 250GB drive to my box to allow massive storage. As of now the new Mpeg4 box looks to have a measley 250GB drive with no ability to expand.

HDNet is what is keeping me on Dish also, if those go 1280x1080i then Dish can kiss my ass goodbye

Reefer, hey man more power to you, Dish can go take a flying you know what

they still do not realize how many HD subs they have who are looking for quality over that other certain provider

you guys need to see if you can score a Motorola 6412, it has the full motherload of connections, including of course Firewire, Sata, USB and HDMI, what a kick ass cable box :eek:

-Gary

I had the comcast 6412. It leases for $10/month in my area, but the monthly cost of cable service is higher compared to AEP. Software is more buggy than the 942 with fewer features. In particular, search options are terrible.

I had frequent picture breakup/sound dropouts, especially on HD channels. May be to due a cable line problem in my area, but comcast reliability was so bad that I switched back to E*. I have been much happier with the 942 than I was with comcast. Comcast customer service was friendly, but couldn't acually fix anything.

You can complain about E* all you want, but when you actually try the alternatives, you will discover that there is no perfect service provider. There are trade-offs with every option.

Gary Murrell said:
the perfect option is C-Band 4DTV, if Motorola would release a new updated receiver, the True First Gen untouched HD flood gates would open
-Gary
I think there is a little trade off in terms of dish size and cost for C-Band.

But if you are most concerned about picture quality, then it may be "the perfect option" for you.

I currently have the 6412 Dual DVR from Comcast. I have for HD locals and inHD channels. I must say they look better then E*. I was hoping to get rid of it, when the Boston HD locals become available, but now I'm not sure I should. The Comcast DVR fee sucks, but I'm getting better HD quality.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)