Comcast reply of Previous Thread

I think if it were phrased a bit differently, this would be a good thread. I know I'm in the minority, but I'd trade DHDT, the Voom originals, Bravo-HD, TNT-HD, and the west coast feeds for InHD and InHD2 and better SD programming. For some people, a cable comparison to Voom could be helpful to those who have the fortune of being in an area serviced by a quality cable provider.

cyuhnke said:
I think if it were phrased a bit differently, this would be a good thread. I know I'm in the minority, but I'd trade DHDT, the Voom originals, Bravo-HD, TNT-HD, and the west coast feeds for InHD and InHD2 and better SD programming. For some people, a cable comparison to Voom could be helpful to those who have the fortune of being in an area serviced by a quality cable provider.

The one thing that INHD has is the 3 MLB games in HD per week. The basketballs game during basketball season and it seems they try to get their heand in every sport event.

cyuhnke said:

That was my original intent. I've posted about Cable vs VOOM in the past, but that was before I got my HD programming with Comcast. I was trying to decide if I should get VOOM even before I ever saw anything from cable HD. But since my HD box and HD programming is at no additional charge through Comcast, I added that service to my current subscription. Now that I do have HD through them, I am simply floored at the quality of the signal. If VOOM is this good, than I also would be that much more eager to give V* a trial in my home.

Sean Mota said:
The one thing that INHD has is the 3 MLB games in HD per week. The basketballs game during basketball season and it seems they try to get their heand in every sport event.
That why I know I'm in a small minority. I love baseball, and don't really care what else InHD has. My cable company has it, but their HD is so awful PQ-wise that it was unbearable. Someone has mentioned on avsforum that the cable companies might pull their HD baseball feeds from InHD when they make it available to DBSs. I don't know what to make of that, but if that happened the channel would be worthless.

Sean Mota said:
And the quality of the HD sports broadcasts are really amazing. I find myself watching games that I otherwise wouldn't have in SD.

MrPorterhouse said:
And the quality of the HD sports broadcasts are really amazing. I find myself watching games that I otherwise wouldn't have in SD.

Agree. I have seen the highlights on HDnews on V* and they are amazing...

MrPorterhouse said:
OK, My bad. I found the other thread. I did a search for it, and it didn't come up. Its over in HDTV TALK.

This would be the more appropriate place to post.

let me just say I have had the comcast HD digital package and it was a joke. half of the package is still in analog and if you own an HDTV you know those channels look like crap. their Hd channel were good but only 3 channels unless you buy every package. so there is no way that comcast is better that any satellite system.

Not true comcast charges 5.00 for the box and 9.45 for the Hd package. the least you can do is tell the truth

reymar said:
Not true comcast charges 5.00 for the box and 9.45 for the Hd package. the least you can do is tell the truth

I tell the truth. Each city sets its own prices on the services it offers. I happen to be in an area that only charges $39.99 for the install of HD, and the HD box and HD programming is at NO MONTHLY CHARGE. Here is a copy of my bill.

Account Detail
This statement is for service from 06/02/04 through 07/01/04.
Previous Balance $ 101.84

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Payment(s)
05/21 Payment - Thank You -101.84

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monthly Charge(s)
06/02 - 07/01 Standard Cable 41.69
Standard Cable Includes: Basic And Expanded Basic.
06/02 - 07/01 Digital Plus Pkg 14.95
06/02 - 07/01 CHSI With Cable 42.95
Subtotal 99.59

Taxes & Fee(s)
05/22 Video Franchise Fee 1.83
05/22 Video County Tax .04
05/22 Video State Tax .32
05/22 FCC Regulatory Fee .06
Subtotal 2.25

Balance Due $ 101.84
Payment Due Date 06/16/04 Make A Payment

And here is a copy of the info page from my local Comcast.com

Cable

With Digital Cable you get more choices -- more than 200 channels, commercial free digital-quality music and an interactive on-screen guide. In areas that offer ON DEMAND, you can enjoy a library of more than 1,000 programs all ready to start when ever you want. If ON DEMAND is not yet available in your area, it is coming soon!

Digital Package(s) Premium Channels Other Features Monthly Price

Digital Classic N/A Onscreen Guide, Music $51.64

Digital Plus N/A Onscreen Guide, Music $56.64

Digital Premier N/A Onscreen Guide, Music $61.64

Basic Package(s) Premium Channels Other Features Monthly Price

Basic Cable N/A Converter, Remote, PPV $11.00

Standard Cable N/A Converter, Remote, PPV $41.69

High-Definition Television

Comcast makes high-definition TV simple. If you have a new high-definition TV set, all you need is a Comcast HDTV cable box to make it come alive. If it's not in your neighborhood yet, it may be coming soon.

HDTV Monthly Price

High Definition Television $0.00

Digital Video Recorder

DVR from Comcast lets you do things you never thought were possible. Record and watch 30+ hours of programs -- whatever you want, whenever you want. If it's not in your neighborhood yet, it may be coming soon. Please note you must subscribe to Digital Cable to receive Digital Video Recorder.

DVR Monthly Price

Digital Video Recorder $9.95

High-Speed Internet

With Comcast High-Speed Internet you get up to 7 e-mail accounts, Web space to create a home page or store files online and Comcast.net connects you to whatever suits your interest. Plus you can check e-mail from any computer! It's fast and it's cable-powered so there's no dialing up and no waiting.

High-Speed Internet Monthly Price

High-Speed Internet for Current Comcast Cable Customers $42.95

High-Speed Internet for Non-Comcast Cable Customers $57.95

Home Networking for Non-Comcast Cable Customers $67.95

Comcast Home Networking for Current Comcast Cable Customers $52.95

MrPorterhouse said:
I tell the truth. Each city sets its own prices on the services it offers. I happen to be in an area that only charges $39.99 for the install of HD, and the HD box and HD programming is at NO MONTHLY CHARGE. Here is a copy of my bill.

With Digital Cable you get more choices -- more than 200 channels, commercial free digital-quality music and an interactive on-screen guide. In areas that offer ON DEMAND, you can enjoy a library of more than 1,000 programs all ready to start when ever you want. If ON DEMAND is not yet available in your area, it is coming soon!

Digital Package(s) Premium Channels Other Features Monthly Price

Digital Classic N/A Onscreen Guide, Music $51.64

Digital Plus N/A Onscreen Guide, Music $56.64

Digital Premier N/A Onscreen Guide, Music $61.64

I found it interesting that your Comcast cable has three tiers of Digital service. The local Waldorf, Md Comcast only offers two tiers for $59.95.
What additional channels does your co. include with Digital Premier for $61.64?

Thanks Jim

Cleveland Comcast

MrPorterhouse said:
I have attached my current channel lineup and info sheet for Comcast west of Cleveland.

Thanks so much. I found it very interesting that Comcast Cleveland has an additional PREMIER tier that includes Bloomberg;New World Int;Int Channel;Lifetime Movies;Trio;Fuse;BET Jazz;Ovation;Fox Movies;4 Fox Gegioals and NBATV> for an additional $5.00. Our local(Waldorf, Md) does not offer these channels. I dropped Dish Network for Comcast and the only two channels I miss are TCM which you include in the expanded tier and the Lifetime and Fox movie channels. This shows promise that they may be added later.

I don't understand their pricing for Digital Premier ala carte. Does that mean that each additional outlet is $5.99 plus the Premier at $9.95 for $16 a month per additional outlet. Our additinal digital outlet is $4.95/month and includes all subscribed channels. I didn't see a HDTV fee. We pay $9.95 for DVR service and that includes the HDTV fee.

sgtjim said:
Thanks so much. I found it very interesting that Comcast Cleveland has an additional PREMIER tier that includes Bloomberg;New World Int;Int Channel;Lifetime Movies;Trio;Fuse;BET Jazz;Ovation;Fox Movies;4 Fox Gegioals and NBATV> for an additional $5.00. Our local(Waldorf, Md) does not offer these channels. I dropped Dish Network for Comcast and the only two channels I miss are TCM which you include in the expanded tier and the Lifetime and Fox movie channels. This shows promise that they may be added later.

I don't understand their pricing for Digital Premier ala carte. Does that mean that each additional outlet is $5.99 plus the Premier at $9.95 for $16 a month per additional outlet. Our additinal digital outlet is $4.95/month and includes all subscribed channels. I didn't see a HDTV fee. We pay $9.95 for DVR service and that includes the HDTV fee.

I don't know how Digital Premier ala carte works.

I don't pay a HDTV fee! Woo-hoo. But that might change in the future. I expect to pay something, but I'll take it free for now. What's even better is somehow they turned on my Cinemax-HD(which I never ordered) when I got HD hooked up and it shows some great HD movies, really good quality feeds.

MrPorterhouse said:
I don't know how Digital Premier ala carte works.

I don't pay a HDTV fee! Woo-hoo. But that might change in the future. I expect to pay something, but I'll take it free for now. What's even better is somehow they turned on my Cinemax-HD(which I never ordered) when I got HD hooked up and it shows some great HD movies, really good quality feeds.

Same deal here. I had TMC and Cinemax after installation. I made the mistake of inquiring why I was not getting INHD2 (It still says NOT AUTHORIZED) and after getting answers ranging from "Its a pay channel" to "we are having trouble with that channel" and after checking my account the Cinemax and TMC went byebye. I still don't get INHD2, haven't got a good answer yet. It seems to be basically a repeat of INHD with some additional movies.

I am really impressed with Comcast. I kept the Dish Network HDPAK and that gives me 4 more HD channels and allows me to bring in both the DC and Balt OTA channels although Comcast provides the DC channels.

If Comcast adds the Premier tier here, I'll have all I need . Now if they would just add BRAVO HD, Encore HD and TMC HD, VOOM would be out of business.

Jim

Hitachi Love

Mr Porterhouse,

I won't debate you about comcast, voom, blah blah blah. I can tell you that you are going to LOVE your tv. Got mine just before Christmas and it has been LOVELY (51S700).

Plasma. LCD. They still won't give you as good a picture as a good ole' CRT. (and they cost 2 to 3*'s as much!)

FrankJo said:
Mr Porterhouse,

I won't debate you about comcast, voom, blah blah blah. I can tell you that you are going to LOVE your tv. Got mine just before Christmas and it has been LOVELY (51S700).

Plasma. LCD. They still won't give you as good a picture as a good ole' CRT. (and they cost 2 to 3*'s as much!)

I agree. I've been very impressed so far, and I haven't even done a major calibration yet, just DVE adjustments and it looks fantastic.

Here in the Portland, 0regon area Comcast only charges $5 extra for their HDTV receiver AND their HDTV Programmng is included for that. Beats payng $99-399 or more for your receiver then another $10 for lke 4 channels of HDTV via Satellite. That's why I just left DISH after 7.5 years and signed up with Comcast. And now they are addng Discovery HD Theater - YAHoo!

BEST 2 ALL! Michael

It won't be long before everyone has Discovery-HD, which is the way it should be. That is some amazing HD quality there. Comcast has finalized their nogotitions and its just a matter of the individual districts to add that channel, bandwidth permitting.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)