Tab for One Dish For locals estimated at $110 million

I'm sure that is inflated for political leverage.

If you take a doomsday scenario that ALL 2 dish markets have to convert to Superdish markets, I'm sure the total cost can't be that high.

Churn should be negated by the new subs who didn't want two dishes.

Maybe it's including leasing transponders and such.

I still do not understand why Dish is fighting this so much, they have already announced in SEC filings that they have another spot beam satellite on order already for 110. They can easily pick up these extra channels with the new satellite, and they will be on Dish500.

mike123abc said:
I still do not understand why Dish is fighting this so much, they have already announced in SEC filings that they have another spot beam satellite on order already for 110. They can easily pick up these extra channels with the new satellite, and they will be on Dish500.
Maybe they aren't fighting to win, but rather fighting to delay. If they just give in now, the FCC/Congress/whoever could force them to implement the 1-dish locals now. Then Dish has to spend the $110m. However, if they tie this up for a year until the satellite gets launched, then at that time they could say "See...we found a way" and it costs them just legal fees.

Comcast reply of Previous Thread

tracvision A5 satellite 101 local channels

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)