Comcast Sports Chicago HD is HERE!

jpeckinp

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 16, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
I haven't seen anybody mention that it is now in the EPG and says that it will be on during HD broadcast events. Ch. 425

EDIT: OK I don't know what happened here but last night when I noticed the channel it was on 425 I even programmed it in and watched the Dish screen saver and listened to the easy listening music. Now it is on 379.
I just got my software upgrade at 12:30 but I don't think that would have made a difference.

Last edited:
Hey Stone... those of us in MN have no right to talk poorly about any cities teams anymore... but at least we are better than the sox :)

Hey Stone... those of us in MN have no right to talk poorly about any cities teams anymore... but at least we are better than the sox :)
sure we do, we won a game yesterday lol
lets not forget bout royals
after my trip to Denver last week I root for Rockies for rest of this season

Csnhd

Its about time they added this channel.....they have left out one of the biggest markets for HD/RSN channel here in Chicago, while direct tv and comcast had this channel for months. Dish put up all the other dinky small town RSN feeds before one of the major ones. Next time, Look where the money is Dish, thats how stuff works in this country!
All in all, glad to have it, better late than never. HOWEVER, we will have to wait and see when they actually broadcast a game in HD on this channel, i will have to see it to believe it. Should be the next home game on CSN.... Its in my guide!

Will the HD channel broadcast the widescreen games that aren't HD? I often see them advertising widescreen broadcasts when the Cubs or Sox are playing on the road.

I believe monday's Cubs Game is a day Game. CSN will show Monday night's home Sox Game in HD also.

Fran

Will the HD channel broadcast the widescreen games that aren't HD? I often see them advertising widescreen broadcasts when the Cubs or Sox are playing on the road.

Good question... I have never seen what that even looks like, i.e., at some one else's house. I'm kinda curious.

If I had to guess, I'll say they won't show them.

So does anyone know if there is a game that they are showing in HD, and you switch to the SD channel, will it automatically "map down" or whatever to the new HD channel? Or do I need to have both of these channels (the SD and HD versions) in my favorites list?

Comcast Sports Chicago HD is not HERE:(, as I have a Dish 300 pointed at the much more reliable 61.5?W instead of the flaky 129?W...

Foo! Fish Tank & Internationals, or Cubbies?

Last edited:
Comcast Sports Chicago HD is not HERE, as I have a Dish 300 pointed at the much more reliable 61.5?W instead of the flaky 129?W. Foo! Fish Tank & Internationals, or Cubbies?
Cubbies, of course! If your using a 2nd dish for 129 it's not near as bad as the single dish solution. I'm using a 24" in Iowa and have very few problems.

Swing that 300 around. You got until Monday afternoon before the next game airs.:D

Actually, my neighbor had Dish a few years back and still has a Dish 500 on the side of their house (no LNBf). Maybe I'll offer him $10 to take it off his hands...

So does anyone know if there is a game that they are showing in HD, and you switch to the SD channel, will it automatically "map down" or whatever to the new HD channel? Or do I need to have both of these channels (the SD and HD versions) in my favorites list?
Hopefully we get map-down (or in this case map-up) eventually, but for now you'll need to keep both channels in your favorites.

Cubbies, of course! If your using a 2nd dish for 129 it's not near as bad as the single dish solution. I'm using a 24" in Iowa and have very few problems.

Swing that 300 around. You got until Monday afternoon before the next game airs.:D

I think some of the Chicago local channels are on 61, so to get CSN-HD you'll have to give up other stuff.

Last edited:
What Chicago local stuff is on 61.5?

Don't remember & maybe it's been changed since I had E*, but when I signed up for locals they had to put a dish @ 61 for me to get all the channels. I've been gone from E* for 2 1/2 years. (I left when CSN went on the air & have had the HD version since the day it came on.) So I haven't kept up with the locals much since then. Still no WGN-HD and only showing the games in HD on CSN-HD, so I'm not heading back to E* anytime soon. Although I still use my 811 as my OTA receiver.