Comcast Sportsnet Philly

this is why never ever be on D* or E*

It has to do with the way the channel is distributed. By law they do not legally have to offer it to D* or E* you can thank Senator Spector for that one!!!

The law was written that if the channel is distributed via satellite, then it has to be available to all providers. So Comcast only distributes this channel via fiber.

Plus Comcast owns the Phillies, Flyers, and Sixers. So they can keep the channels under their umbrella. Other CSN affilates carry teams that Comcast does not own, so I'm sure those team owners insist that their teams be available to as many eyeballs as possible.

Been trying to get that channel for years. Finally gave up, to H*** with Comcast.

You haven't tried that hard. All you have to do is sub to Comcast.:p

I sub to their "baby" package just to get daily news live on sportsnet and local sports. You can't be a real Philly sports fan with out Comcast.

That's right I sub to both Dish and Comcast.

It's not easy being a Philly sports fan, in more ways then one :(

CSN Broadcasts (Phillies) were distributed to the Extra Innings package this season. I was stunned and shocked.

I use to say the same thing when I dumped Comcast for the big C-band dish 15 years ago.(pre-little dish) Cable here had no competition and they made you kiss their butts to get customer service. Came back for Phillies, Sixers and Flyers in HD.

Really Comcast is more then OK now.............................competition will do that to a business :D

1 of the 100,000 that still plays around with the C-band dish;)

The law was written that if the channel is distributed via satellite, then it has to be available to all providers. So Comcast only distributes this channel via fiber.

Plus Comcast owns the Phillies, Flyers, and Sixers. So they can keep the channels under their umbrella. Other CSN affilates carry teams that Comcast does not own, so I'm sure those team owners insist that their teams be available to as many eyeballs as possible.

I understand what they don't give the channel to SAT but why give it to their biggest competitor in Verizon?

I have had a lot of luck with Center Ice showing almost all of the Flyers games over the last few years (except for that one season). The money I saved subbing to dish over cable more than paid for Center Ice.

Blacked Out?

If you have Center Ice aren't the Flyers games blacked out if you live in Philly?

i felt the same way 3 years ago

I use to say the same thing when I dumped Comcast for the big C-band dish 15 years ago.(pre-little dish) Cable here had no competition and they made you kiss their butts to get customer service. Came back for Phillies, Sixers and Flyers in HD.

Really Comcast is more then OK now.............................competition will do that to a business :D

i agree with you

I understand what they don't give the channel to SAT but why give it to their biggest competitor in Verizon?

I'm guessing Verizon has more money and better lobbyists, if they didn't give it to them there is a chance Verizon would have taken them to court with an outcome different than the sat cos. If CC ever has to share with Dish they will lose subs at an amazing rate. They had a wacky promo known to their employees a few years back, the supervisor would ride around and write down any house they spotted with a dish, and then disperse employees to "bring the customer back home to Comcast." Poor guy that came to my door, I brought him in and demo'd my 2 tuner DTiVo and asked what he had that could what it did. He left, and I never returned home.

I wrote the NHL and asked why they aren't using CSN-P HD for Center Ice like Directv did for EI, and of course no reply.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts