Comcastic Speed Increase coming soon

Certain areas have already been increased, the speed increases were announced last year.

Here in Michigan we are down on the list since we were to be spun off to Great Land if the Merger went through, Comcast did not make any plans for us because we were not going to be customers of theirs any longer.

Here are some links-
http://www.multichannel.com/news/technology/comcast-confirms-broadband-speed-hikes/382900
http://www.geekwire.com/2014/comcas...net-speeds-residential-customers-five-cities/
http://gazette.com/comcast-to-launc...et-access-in-colorado-springs/article/1552290
http://www.pcworld.com/article/2911...service-to-bay-area-boost-existing-tiers.html

There was an announcement in the last month or so about 2 GB speeds coming to Denver and Colorado Springs sometime in the future. It didn't read like it would be available to everyone. Also not sure if it was over fiber or coax. I assume at minimum it would require a new modem.

I was supposed to be bumped from 105 to 150 last fall but I've never seen the increase. Been meaning to contact them.....

Can't say my source, but being one of the largest comcast retailers in the heartland region, it came from a good source at a regional meeting.

Except it is not new news, this has been reported since 2014, look at the first link in my post above, from Multichannel News dated 8/01/2014.

Here in San Francisco I started out with 28 Mb down, 3 Mb up with Comcast Internet, then a few months ago it went up to 58 Mb down, 6 Mb up. A few days ago my speed went up again and it's now 89 Mb down, but still 6 Mb up. We received no notice... it just happened.

In my area, Metro Detroit, close to the Airport, Blast did go to 75 but Extreme is still at 105, I am ok with Extreme for now since the Rokus only have 10/100 cards in them.

Seems like in Central Indiana, 50 went up to 75, but 25 is still 25. (I think some of the packages that were above 3 but below 25 did get pushed up to 25, though.)

Last week we suffered some outages, I called Comcast to confirm. The tech said there were some problems in my area but they should clear by this evening. I chatted with the tech via my cell (4G) and he asked if I would be interested in 105mps minimum service. Up to now I have had 50+ with speed boosts which often took me to just over 100.
i asked what is the catch? He said just try our TV service for a few months, including HBO free of charge. If you like it we set up permanently, if not just return the equipment to UPS with the prepaid sticker. You will still keep the higher speed at your present rate.
I told him I have DIsh for TV. Said it does not matter. You can watch either or both and decide for yourself.
I almost have it all set up, except I do have to drop my internet line into another room so I can split the signal between the Comcast box and home network. I am trying this without the Wireless Gateway hooked up. That brings up my question, will I gain anything using the Comcast all-in-one wireless over my 6141 Motorola Surfboard modem and Asus N66U wireless router? (no comcast phone).

Side Note: I checked my internet speed about 30 min after the phone call and it was running over 160mps. It has not dropped below 130 since I signed on to this deal.

That brings up my question, will I gain anything using the Comcast all-in-one wireless over my 6141 Motorola Surfboard modem and Asus N66U wireless router? (no comcast phone).

Except for paying Comcast a extra $10 a month no you will not be gaining anything, keep using your 6141 ( I have the same modem), also I found the range for Wi-Fi using Comcast modem not that strong compared to my Buffalo router.

Reactions: hdaddikt
Except it is not new news, this has been reported since 2014, look at the first link in my post above, from Multichannel News dated 8/01/2014.
Except for the fact that Detroit wasn't one of the markets listed.

Comcast will likely always roll these upgrades out slowly based on a top secret methodology but you can bet that they won't dispel any rumbling that the upgrade is coming across their entire service area.

Supposedly they are running a promo for $159.95 a month in the initial Gigabit Pro areas, but it still has the $1000 install fee.

There is no doubt Comcast marketing can be creatively 'slick' but also kind of obvious. I am not much into conspiracy theories, but having a problem with my connection and 20 min later leaving chat with a TV promo offer, and a solid signal at a much higher speed is a little much to be a coincidence.

Except for the fact that Detroit wasn't one of the markets listed.

Comcast will likely always roll these upgrades out slowly based on a top secret methodology but you can bet that they won't dispel any rumbling that the upgrade is coming across their entire service area.

Detroit Area Blast went to 75, Extreme is still the same at 105.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)