Comedy Central HD Launched / New Sportsman Channel

Status
Please reply by conversation.
DANG! we'll have to wait.
Till next week...like everyone originally though anyway.

I wasn't expecting it until next week anyway. I didn't even realize they were planning to launch it today until I read that post by satracer.

Till next week...like everyone originally though anyway.

I wasn't expecting it until next week anyway. I didn't even realize they were planning to launch it today until I read that post by satracer.

Thanks DK! I'm just happy to see some movement again:up

To get out of market games RSNs you will need the sports pack. However, in market RSNs come with the Choice package. Use this link to determine what RSNs are considered in your market, which you would get with the Choice package.

Local Regional Sports Network Information

Sorry for the minor hijack. :rolleyes:

I know you guys get a few goodies out of market but it seems like come crunch time they black out the out of market stuff that's most interesting. I understand competing games (leagues) & networks protecting their respective investments but these things get blacked out when replayed at 3am most of the time. I have also seen out of market "day after' coverage & news conferences get blacked out when it seems completely irrelevant to any local RSN or network. What in general, do you guys find to be the "norm" with these out of market RSN's? It's the only package I don't have because I still like to read the foreign press/articles & can't understand the rhyme or reasoning of the black out rules.

Any thoughts or advise? :)

ah, who cares it will be like vh1 an the rest no hd will be shown on there for ions

Except that Comedy Central has stated that they will have 200 hours of HD available at launch with the upcoming seasons of South Park and Reno 911 being in HD. Also there are other Viacom owned channels that show HD. Spike TV and Nick HD show lots of HD.

Except that Comedy Central has stated that they will have 200 hours of HD available at launch with the upcoming seasons of South Park and Reno 911 being in HD. Also there are other Viacom owned channels that show HD. Spike TV and Nick HD show lots of HD.
reno and sp in hd would be cool, i didnt know that

ah, who cares it will be like vh1 an the rest no hd will be shown on there for ions
I care!! I love comedy central & even if they show old non HD programming it will look a hell of a lot better on the big screen TV than the SD version of the channel. The addition of this channel in HD will make my favorite channels completely in HD, the only other ones I'd like to see in HD would be the rest of the movie channels:up:D

how exactly does one produce a cartoon in HD? do they use extra ink or something?
I would think that if the cartoon is produced on film then it would be transfered to HD just like a movie, if it is computer generated animation, then they would just create it from scratch with the HD resolution...

did you see the simpsons movie in bluray?

i did and i thought it was amazing! wish the simpsons would go hd. but i seem to recall reading that the expense for hd animation is huge and would cost a network a fortune to do an entire season.

i apologize but i couldn't tell you the reason why.

i did and i thought it was amazing! wish the simpsons would go hd. but i seem to recall reading that the expense for hd animation is huge and would cost a network a fortune to do an entire season.

i apologize but i couldn't tell you the reason why.

thanks. I always wondered why the simpsons and family guy were still in sd.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts