Comedy Central HD Launched / New Sportsman Channel

Status
Please reply by conversation.
thanks. I always wondered why the simpsons and family guy were still in sd.

It would only be more expensive because it takes almost twice as long to produce an animated tv show in hd 16:9, meaning you would have to hire double the animators to get your 22 episode quota for the season to be finished on time. The Simpsons and Family Guy already go way over budget, especially The Simpson's they pay the voice actors top dollar, I swear every 2 years when its time to re-new The Simpson's contract the voice actors ask for even more money and go on strike until they get it.

Cartoon Network on the other hand has many shows produced in HD for Adult Swim, and the animators say how much hard work it takes for them to produce it in HD, yet Cartoon Network shows little remorse for there work, and would rather the show in stretch-o-vision. WHAT A WASTE!

Im glad Comedy Central obviously knows the Value in HD Programing and was better prepared for there HD network launch, unlike its sister stations which had little if any HD content available for launch. But the New Season of South park in HD shall be amazing! I cant wait til Directv adds the channel!

satracer said last week over at dbstalk, the launch was resked to jan 21. of course, that's subject to change but no news to that affect yet.

Comedy Central HD is ON!!

----

Added info:
Comedy Centeral HD is on 249.
Sportsman Channel SD is on 605. As of now it appears to require the Xtra / Plus packages (per www.thesportsmanchannel.com)

Last edited by a moderator:
ya but I can't seem to find any actual 16:9 HD content on it. Oh yeah I forgot its owned by Viacom, just like MTV and VH1.

Well, Comedy Central has stated that there will be HD. Their press release said so. The upcoming new seasons of South Park and Reno 911 will be in HD and certain movies and stand up specials will be in HD too. Also just because nothing is tagged in the guide as HD doesn't mean there isn't upcoming HD. It is pretty normal for new HD channels that appear on D* to take a while for the programming in the guide to be tagged correctly as HD.

And Viacom does have some good examples of HD channels. Spike TV and Nick HD are as good as VH1, MTV and CMT are bad. I think Comedy Central will end up more like Spike TV and Nick HD than the music channels.

at least there's Palladia HD (which actually has TONS of true HD content for HD lovers like me) and VH1 Classic (for retro music fans like my gf).
VH1 classic is the only music channel I watch.

Yes, some of the Viacom stations do show a lot of HD. Spike shows tons of HD. I watch the CSI reruns and movies in HD all of the time. CCHD already announced that they will START off with 200 hours of HD.

seems like popular award winners like The Daily Show and The Colbert Report would get priority over South Park, Reno 911 and reruns of old stand up comedy shows, but what do I know?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)