Comedy.TV & Justice Central HD TV

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I am curious on these channels but have feeling they will be waste of space...imo!! :)

For what its worth, all these channels that were reported to be coming on this morning ARE in fact On !

If ya don't like them or don't watch them, don't tune to them.
What one person likes another won't.
That works with a lot of channels.
I like Sports, but many don't so those sports channels I watch, someone else thinks a waste of space ... NP.

AT&T, which owns DirecTV, added Comedy.TV HD and Justice Central HD, on channels 382 and 383, today. They are from Byron Allen’s Entertainment Studios.

I used to see that in late night syndication.

USED TO??? It's VERY much still playing the same, same, crap on many stations...hell one of our local channels here just started showing it this year! :eek:

And I see from this, they actually got them to add ALL of his channels to U-verse subs; geeze, really, really???

http://variety.com/2015/tv/news/byron-allen-att-racial-discrimination-lawsuit-channels-1201668233/

U-verse has added Comedy.TV, Recipe.TV, ES.TV, MyDestination.TV, Cars TV and Pets TV; U-verse already carried Justice Central.TV.

I just check the on-line U-verse guide & they DID get added...in BOTH HD & SD!
But I guess the joke's on Byron, since AT&T is eventually going to be shutting down U-verse anyway, he'll eventually loose carriage of those others. :D :D

Last edited:
Yeah... What court settlement? I assumed this was merger related... They got Audience and we get these.
From the looks of what is on these two, I'd say UVerse subs that got the Audience Network got the better end of that deal. I still can't believe they haven't added GSN in HD yet.

Reactions: ejb1980
Wondering, as it wasn't mentioned in the article, how long it was that they have to carry the channels, there has to be a date somewhere or they wouldn't have agreed.
You can bet it will be dropped once that date is reached, unless its making money, which I doubt will happen.

USED TO??? It's VERY much still playing the same, same, crap on many stations...hell one of our local channels here just started showing it this year! :eek:

And I see from this, they actually got them to add ALL of his channels to U-verse subs; geeze, really, really???

http://variety.com/2015/tv/news/byron-allen-att-racial-discrimination-lawsuit-channels-1201668233/

I just check the on-line U-verse guide & they DID get added...in BOTH HD & SD!
But I guess the joke's on Byron, since AT&T is eventually going to be shutting down U-verse anyway, he'll eventually loose carriage of those others. :D :D

I don't think they will shut down UVerseTV. What about customers who can't get DTV because of LOS or UVerseTV customers who don't want a dish on the roof? Unless they plan on turning UVerseTV into an internet streaming service and the customers who can't get DTV will have to do DTV through the streaming service.

I don't think they will shut down UVerseTV.
If you google this, you'll see that eventually that was the whole reason why AT&T bought D*; it's too costly to maintain the TV platform, for only around 6 million subs, compared to D*'s 20 million.
Also, if you go to their own website & try to qualify for U-verse TV, they NO longer even offer it as a visible option; they ALWAYS push you to D* TV service instead now. If they were, indeed, planning on keeping U-verse TV alive, they would NOT be doing this...& SO quickly before the ink could dry on their D* purchase completing. ;)

What about customers who can't get DTV because of LOS or UVerseTV customers who don't want a dish on the roof?
Then they're SOL; it's not like AT&T hasn't ditched customers before for "technology changes"; there are LOTS of AT&T DSL subs, that are now SOL when they could NOT be migrated to U-verse internet, due to (shorter) distance limitations; AT&T is NOT concerned about the loss of a few subs like this, obviously.

Unless they plan on turning UVerseTV into an internet streaming service and the customers who can't get DTV will have to do DTV through the streaming service.
And why couldn't this happen???

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)