Comes Alive moves to "Xtra" channel, plus, I just don't like "Xtra" channels, tell me who is playing...

jcrandall

Proud Staff Member
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Apr 3, 2005
Central Michigan
No notice on this, Comes Alive (live classic rock) disappears from my car radio and my phone app. Come to find out that they not only removed it from the cars, the removed it from being a normal channel, not even an online only channel, now the damn forsaken "xtra" channels.

Why do I hate the Xtra channels - well... In the app or on the website, it doesn't show who is playing on the icon. I flip around channels when a song comes on I don't care for, and I like variety so I bounce between 10-15 music channels. I never clicked any of the Xtra channels because the only description is the channel name. Same thing with some event channels like Foo Fighters radio right now. Tell me the damn song playing and I may click on it.

Sorry, this is just stupid. Xtra channels have been around a year plus since they merged Pandora and it hasn't changed, and now regular channels are moving to that format.

• Sad
Reactions: TheKrell
Screen Shot 2021-03-31 at 2.37.55 AM.png

Example - see the two on the second row.

• Sad
Reactions: TheKrell
That's because the Xtra Channels are just shuffled playlists. Nothing streams live on there which is why songs start from the beginning and you can skip songs.

What exactly is the difference between Xtra channels and streaming-only channels? One difference is I haven’t found a way for Echo devices to play Xtra channels.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What exactly is the difference between Xtra channels and streaming-only channels?
I did a search and I'm still confused. I found this: SiriusXM adds more than 100 new 'Xtra Channels'
Think of them as remixes of the channels you already know and love... You'll have to have either the All Access or Premier Streaming subscriptions (and this is available to those still in their trial period, too)...
Does it function like a playlist? I do not know since I've never used it and will never use it because I only listen to one channel. You may have to set it up first with channels that you love for it to work.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)