Comet TV

Dude Be nice, yes I know about the rochester station getting comet. I am trying to get over the chicken pox and the meds are killing me, but I appreciate your hospitality always....

Chicken Pox! Holy crap!

I had that when I was 6, 50 years ago. Back then if one kid got something like that, the adults would deliberately place infected kids with the healthy one's, to make SURE they got it. That way you get immunity as a kid. I've always heard it's dangerous to get it as an adult...

Reactions: osu1991 and Mr Tony
What is interesting is that WLUC Marquette Sinclair owns RIGHT NOW (and says Comet will be carried)...but is being bought by Gray (actually a swap for WSBT in South Bend, IN....due to the Schurz acquisition and Gray owning WNDU). So I wonder if it truly will be on there (WLUC)?

Also nothing for South Bend yet

Reactions: danristheman
My guess is that Comet has probably signed the contract with WLUC and thus that gets sold along with it. And then when Sinclair gets WSBT, I won't be surprised to see Comet show up there too.

- Trip

Reactions: Mr Tony
This gonna sound dumb coming out my end but he has a me, movies and a retro. I seen the ABC/Fox are owned by Nexstar. Well He might get lucky on the WCAX CBS or the Retro station, aint happening on the others, he still has a shot....
If I remember right ejb is in Vermont. They have 5 stations (big 4 + PBS)
two are owned by your favorite company...Nexstar
one is locally owned (as in the only TV station the company owns)

Correct, NW VT. Iceberg is correct for channels too.
I get WCAX (locally owned) CBS and Movies.
Hearst has WPTZ (NBC CW and MeTV. It's dumb that they have a second full power channel, WNNE, in the market but WNNE is not multiplexed so it's just NBC. It should be multiplexed, CW and NBC swapped so Directv has to carry the local CW and not the exact same NBC twice. Rant over).
We have 2 PBS stations (WCFE and WETK) and have PBS+, Create, World, Mhz Worldview, and Classic Arts showcase for subchannels.
ABC and Fox (WVNY/WFFF) are held hostage by Nexstar and have only their primary -1 channel.
I also get CBC and TVA from Montreal most of the time and sometimes SRC and CTV, too.
WGMU, WBVT, and the TBN channel listed in the market don't actually exist. WNMN (the RTV) used to be on channel 80 on cable here when it first was a thing (analog) but not in a long time. I question if it also doesn't exist...

Dismal locals mean I "moved" in with my brother in Boston and have all the major English and Spanish networks from Boston and NH in HD (including a decent NH independent, WBIN, and Cozi TV "HD" since WMFP has it on 62-1) with the Champlain Valley channels added with the good ol' AM21.

Last edited:
Chicken Pox! Holy crap!

I had that when I was 6, 50 years ago. Back then if one kid got something like that, the adults would deliberately place infected kids with the healthy one's, to make SURE they got it. That way you get immunity as a kid. I've always heard it's dangerous to get it as an adult...
I'm 45 and it happened quick and it was painful, I'm pretty much cleared up . Course where I live some people tend to not take care of themselves passing everything to everyone. Now just waiting for comet to lift off

Correct, NW VT. Iceberg is correct for channels too.
I get WCAX (locally owned) CBS and Movies.
Hearst has WPTZ (NBC CW and MeTV. It's dumb that they have a second full power channel, WNNE, in the market but WNNE is not multiplexed so it's just NBC. It should be multiplexed, CW and NBC swapped so Directv has to carry the local CW and not the exact same NBC twice. Rant over).
We have 2 PBS stations (WCFE and WETK) and have PBS+, Create, World, Mhz Worldview, and Classic Arts showcase for subchannels.
ABC and Fox (WVNY/WFFF) are held hostage by Nexstar and have only their primary -1 channel.
I also get CBC and TVA from Montreal most of the time and sometimes SRC and CTV, too.
WGMU, WBVT, and the TBN channel listed in the market don't actually exist. WNMN (the RTV) used to be on channel 80 on cable here when it first was a thing (analog) but not in a long time. I question if it also doesn't exist...

Dismal locals mean I "moved" in with my brother in Boston and have all the major English and Spanish networks from Boston and NH in HD (including a decent NH independent, WBIN, and Cozi TV "HD" since WMFP has it on 62-1) with the Champlain Valley channels added with the good ol' AM21.

Actually I will have to recant on my favorite lil retard Nexstar. They have launched subchannels the last few months so with that you still have 3 stations that could add Comet. My guestimation between WCAX, ABC, and FOX, your fox station maybe the best bet on getting Comet...

Regardless, I think its a major victory for Retro, staying on KTUL with Comet going on the .2. Retro seems to be getting replaced for alot of new diginets (like Decades with This) these days.
there is probably a contract in place. That is why some Sinclair stations wont get it at launch (due to an existing contract with Grit)

Reactions: localclassictvfan
Actually I will have to recant on my favorite lil retard Nexstar. They have launched subchannels the last few months so with that you still have 3 stations that could add Comet. My guestimation between WCAX, ABC, and FOX, your fox station maybe the best bet on getting Comet...
What other than the **supposed** launch of Decades in Phoenix and your NBC has Nexstar added recently? I stand by my point that nexstar does not like to add subchannels.
As for ejb's market, his CBS is locally owned. It probably costs a fair amount of money for them to add a 3rd station (and also taking away bandwidth from the CBS affiliate).

Oh and on a side note...did you really just call Nexstar what I think you just called them?? So just because you don't like their practices you decide to call them that???
I have a really good friend who has a son with severe autism so I personally find that word offensive.

Reactions: ejb1980
What other than the **supposed** launch of Decades in Phoenix and your NBC has Nexstar added recently? I stand by my point that nexstar does not like to add subchannels.
As for ejb's market, his CBS is locally owned. It probably costs a fair amount of money for them to add a 3rd station (and also taking away bandwidth from the CBS affiliate).

Oh and on a side note...did you really just call Nexstar what I think you just called them?? So just because you don't like their practices you decide to call them that???
I have a really good friend who has a son with severe autism so I personally find that word offensive.
Yeah I called Nexstar my favorite lil retard. However I never ever would relate that word to children or adults with specific needs. I will not apologize if it offended you, but I will never and previously never have used that word towards adults and children, I dont do people like that Plus besides the conversation is about getting comet on a nexstar station, you blew it out of proportion. However I will try not to use offensive words in front of Nexstar from now on...

Reactions: yomama
Yeah I called Nexstar my favorite lil retard. However I never ever would relate that word to children or adults with specific needs.
Little hard not to compare the two because most people use that word when referring to other people. Its real simple. Just don't use the word here.

I will not apologize if it offended you,
really?

but I will never and previously never have used that word towards adults and children, I dont do people like that Plus besides the conversation is about getting comet on a nexstar station, you blew it out of proportion. However I will try not to use offensive words in front of Nexstar from now on...
lets not use offensive words period. All it does it makes the person saying the words look like a doofus. There are plenty of things out there I don't like but I dont go posting on message boards using words that may offend people.

Little hard not to compare the two because most people use that word for people. Its real simple. Just dont use the word here.

lets not use offensive words period. All it does it makes the person saying the words look like a doofus. There are plenty of things out there I don't like but I dont go posting on message boards using words that may offend people.
Not a problem sir, consider it done....

I haven't had any reply from WSMH or Sinclair. It's been almost a week, and nothing.

According to Rabbitears and the Fox 66 Wikipedia page, Comet replaces ZUUS Country Oct. 31. ZUUS is also being replaced by Comet on WCGV 24 in Milwaukee. I know wikipedia is not the most reliable, but if Rabbitears has comet on the station your looking for (which it is 66.2) then your good