Coming back to DirecTV...

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Dish heater !

Jimbo, I started researching and looking around on Amazon for them. How well do they work? Would DirecTV have an issue having it, if i had the Protection Plan? And, one last question if I may? Is that something I would need to install myself or is this something a DirecTV tech could come out to do? I ask, because my dish is on the roof, about 30' high...and I don't like heights!!!

sounds to me more like bad routing if he got there at nearly 2pm, and simply not enough gear on the truck. which happens. unfortunatly, somebody has to be last every day and sometimes that just means you run out.

on the flip side, 5 hours for 3 wireless clients and a genie seems a bit excessive.

Well, approaching noon, I received a text stating the tech was running behind but was now scheduled to arrive between 12:10pm-12:40pm. Don't know what happened from 12:40pm-1:50pm. As he was leaving, he stated he still had one more call to go to...and it was now 7pm. I also thought that was excessive, as well. But, only because I'm a hyper worker when doing stuff like that. It's not as if he took any breaks. I gave him 2 bottles of water while he was here, but he didn't stop what he was doing to drink them. He did replace the dish I had and ran new cable from the dish, down the side of the building to somewhere under the back deck, where we were. I forgot what he said he was connecting to (ground?), but he did not run the new cable that came inside to connect to the receiver. As much as I hated losing 12 hrs on my day off, I understand what these installers have to do...it is what it is.

Jimbo, I started researching and looking around on Amazon for them. How well do they work? Would DirecTV have an issue having it, if i had the Protection Plan? And, one last question if I may? Is that something I would need to install myself or is this something a DirecTV tech could come out to do? I ask, because my dish is on the roof, about 30' high...and I don't like heights!!!

this is something that is entirely on you. D* wont install it, and if something happens to the dish, they wont put the heater back up if they have to replace the dish. protection plan or primuium protection plan will not cover it. find a friend with a ladder and a good bottle of liquor.

Reactions: Jimbo and AZ.
Well, rather than starting a different thread, I hope that you don't mind me posting here that I am now all hooked up. My installation was today. And I am now a Directv Subscriber. I can't be happier. I was missing 29 Channels with Charter, they were coming in as only a black screen. I fought and fought with trying to get things to work for about 2.5 months. And now, with Directv, I just turn on the tv and the receiver, and everything works flawlessly. SIGH... I think I'm in love. On second thought, maybe I had best not go that far, though I am just a very happy customer. Have a great day!

this is something that is entirely on you. D* wont install it, and if something happens to the dish, they wont put the heater back up if they have to replace the dish. protection plan or primuium protection plan will not cover it. find a friend with a ladder and a good bottle of liquor.

Guess I have no choice. I'll hit the liquor store tomorrow!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.