Coming back to DISH

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jpd31

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 20, 2010
Winston Salem, NC
I got a advertisement from Dish last week about coming back. It has been less than a year since I have left, but they were going to offer me the same promo as new customers would get. After thinking about it, I started to fill out my order online. I am only going to have 2 TV's (HD in Den and SD in bedroom). On the online form, in the receiver section, it said that I would get the 722k receiver. Now, I had a 722k before and did not have any problems, but I would like to get the 922 instead. Should I call Dish instead to fill out my installation order or are the Dish techs installing the 922 anyway?

The 922 is a $200 upgrade from the 722. We would be more than happy to assist you with your order, just send me a PM with your phone number and a good time to reach you.

Thanks Raymond for the reply. I did not realize that it is a $200 upgrade for the 922 over the 722, so I will just place my order online and get the 722k.

Scott and several others have stated the the 722k is a better receiver than the 922 anyway.

Thanks everyone. I thought about getting the sling adapter, but I don't think I will ever use it. I am thinking about getting the google tv, but I will purchase that at amazon, since it is $99. I am going to also plug in an external hard drive to the dvr. Does Dish still charge a fee to get the external hard drive working?

Thanks everyone. I thought about getting the sling adapter, but I don't think I will ever use it. I am thinking about getting the google tv, but I will purchase that at amazon, since it is $99. I am going to also plug in an external hard drive to the dvr. Does Dish still charge a fee to get the external hard drive working?
Only with a VIP 211/211k. With any VIP DVR there is no fee.

Last edited:
Zach, I purchased a sling adapter for one of my 722s a while back. Now that I see that they are basically offered for free, would there be any advantage to getting a second for my other 722?

tigerfan33 said:
Scott and several others have stated the the 722k is a better receiver than the 922 anyway.

I like it much better myself. I have a 722k with the sling adapter and works perfectly. All i need now is an external hard drive and all will be perfect.

The 922 works just fine but it does cost a little more. I am curious as to why you automatically went to sign up for Dish online instead of giving a local retailer a chance? Also, you were given the new promotion because you qualified as a former customer after 3 months.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts