Coming back to DISH

jpd31

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 20, 2010
Winston Salem, NC
I got a advertisement from Dish last week about coming back. It has been less than a year since I have left, but they were going to offer me the same promo as new customers would get. After thinking about it, I started to fill out my order online. I am only going to have 2 TV's (HD in Den and SD in bedroom). On the online form, in the receiver section, it said that I would get the 722k receiver. Now, I had a 722k before and did not have any problems, but I would like to get the 922 instead. Should I call Dish instead to fill out my installation order or are the Dish techs installing the 922 anyway?

The 922 is a $200 upgrade from the 722. We would be more than happy to assist you with your order, just send me a PM with your phone number and a good time to reach you.

Thanks Raymond for the reply. I did not realize that it is a $200 upgrade for the 922 over the 722, so I will just place my order online and get the 722k.

Scott and several others have stated the the 722k is a better receiver than the 922 anyway.

Thanks everyone. I thought about getting the sling adapter, but I don't think I will ever use it. I am thinking about getting the google tv, but I will purchase that at amazon, since it is $99. I am going to also plug in an external hard drive to the dvr. Does Dish still charge a fee to get the external hard drive working?

Thanks everyone. I thought about getting the sling adapter, but I don't think I will ever use it. I am thinking about getting the google tv, but I will purchase that at amazon, since it is $99. I am going to also plug in an external hard drive to the dvr. Does Dish still charge a fee to get the external hard drive working?
Only with a VIP 211/211k. With any VIP DVR there is no fee.

Last edited:
Zach, I purchased a sling adapter for one of my 722s a while back. Now that I see that they are basically offered for free, would there be any advantage to getting a second for my other 722?

tigerfan33 said:
Scott and several others have stated the the 722k is a better receiver than the 922 anyway.

I like it much better myself. I have a 722k with the sling adapter and works perfectly. All i need now is an external hard drive and all will be perfect.

The 922 works just fine but it does cost a little more. I am curious as to why you automatically went to sign up for Dish online instead of giving a local retailer a chance? Also, you were given the new promotion because you qualified as a former customer after 3 months.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts