Coming Monday - 3/14: Another Charlie Chat @ 9PM ET

What WE wish would be discussed.....

1. Discussion of the new 942 and 625.
2. Announcement that NBC, FOX, and ABC HD will be coming to the wings.
3. Universal HD and ESPN2 HD being added
4. YES being added to folks in the New York Area and also being made available to Extra Innings subscribers during games.

What REALLY will be discussed......

1. Another foreign language channel will be added, MAYBE.
2. Another minor LIL market serving 20,000 (or some other ridculously small number)total viewers will come online, MAYBE.
3. A boring, worthless guest will burn up 20-25% of the online time.
4. Call screeners will make sure that only brand new, clueless subscribers will get to ask questions.
5. One of the questions will revolve around a new channel being requested. Charlie will say that they are negotiating for it, but they are asking for too much money and we don't want to raise your rates. Well, not anymore than he DID anyway.
6. Someone will request info about more HD. He will counter by saying that most of it is upconverted and isn't compelling.

Did I miss anything?

BobMurdoch said:
What WE wish would be discussed.....

1. Discussion of the new 942 and 625.
2. Announcement that NBC, FOX, and ABC HD will be coming to the wings.
3. Universal HD and ESPN2 HD being added
4. YES being added to folks in the New York Area and also being made available to Extra Innings subscribers during games.

What REALLY will be discussed......

1. Another foreign language channel will be added, MAYBE.
2. Another minor LIL market serving 20,000 (or some other ridculously small number)total viewers will come online, MAYBE.
3. A boring, worthless guest will burn up 20-25% of the online time.
4. Call screeners will make sure that only brand new, clueless subscribers will get to ask questions.
5. One of the questions will revolve around a new channel being requested. Charlie will say that they are negotiating for it, but they are asking for too much money and we don't want to raise your rates. Well, not anymore than he DID anyway.
6. Someone will request info about more HD. He will counter by saying that most of it is upconverted and isn't compelling.

Did I miss anything?
CREDIT CARD AUTO PAY!!! :eek: :eek:

I wonder if Charlie and gang would fall for an ID-10-T error? Call them up and tell them that you are getting an error message on your screen that says "Error ID-10-T, Don't call DishNetwork". Or something to that effect, and see how long it takes them to catch on. :)

Actually, they HAVE dropped a few bombshells over the years. Usually dramatic price breaks on discontinued receivers like the Dishplayer (that also came with free PTV "forever" which I am happy to say I still am getting on my two Dishplayers in my kids rooms) or channel additions that caught people out of the blue.

They've also layed out a few discount packages, like AEP which made its debut on a chat if I remember correctly. I jumped on that deal that night.....

The stock is dropping fast, I hope to buy some more MOnday as it dropps even more. THEN I expect Charlie to have a BIG new product and package announcement Monday night as he tries to make the stock go back up.

Of course the new product and package will be just an other Vapor ware, it will never happen like many of the other things He has said over the years.

Scott Greczkowski said:
The way the bad Echostar news is coming, Charlie may soon be hosting the Charlie Chats from Camp Cupcake. :D
There are worse things then being the only man in an all-women minimum security prison ya know.

All joking aside, what is the best method of trying to get on the show and asking the hard questions? Do the call screeners screen everything and you have no chance of getting through? I have no problem in lying about some stupid question trying to get onto the show to ask about NBR.

cdru said:
There are worse things then being the only man in an all-women minimum security prison ya know.

Imagine Charlie's dissapointment when he arrives to find out Martha Stewart has checked out.

trido said:
I just notriced on Dish site it is listed TECH forum and NOT charlie chat did they just change that?

Yeah I made a comment about that on the previous page. I think it's just a typo, but there is a possibility that charlie may not be here because of his "problems"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)