Status
Please reply by conversation.

david_jr

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
May 7, 2007
Hancock, MA - The Berkshires
Trying to help out my cousin. I am a DISH guy for the last 18 years and know not near as much about D*. Cousin is trying to open an "establishment" on the 1st floor of a 5 story building. Says building as it sits is wired for TWC and is 3 years old. He got a quote from D* for install at $4500 he thinks is high. He says they say 1000 feet of RG6 (includes from roof to first floor plus runs in the room), 12 receivers, 10 @ $125 apiece and 2 for free (don't know what models) and 24 hours of labor @ $70 per hour. I have never been involved with commercial accounts but I figure they're more than residential, but seems a bit high. Anyone here know about commercial account costs and is this a reasonable estimate and is there room to dicker? Should any of the TWC wiring be reused? Thanks.

David,

It all depends on the work required to get the wiring done. Their labor rate sounds good. We charge $100/hr for commercial in S Florida, but the number of hours sounds high. Additionally, the HD Receivers should be $99 not $125 as that is DIRECTV's retail price for commercial HD receivers. I would suggest getting additional estimates from other local commercial dealers. If they all come in about the same, then you will know you are not being overcharged.

Adding my "lack of knowledge" 2 cents,could this be a fiber-optic cable install(which was discussed in another thread),& that would cause the price to be high?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)