1. System Upgrade THIS SUNDAY!

This Sunday SatelliteGuys will be upgrading its forum software to the new 2.x version. The work to upgrade will take a few hours. Work is expected to start early Sunday Morning. For more details please visit our Operations Center Forum

Thank you for your support!
    CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
    Dismiss Notice

Commercial Breaks on Sony Movie Channel on 386

Discussion in 'Cable and Fiber Providers' started by long_time_DNC, Sep 5, 2015.

1. long_time_DNC

long_time_DNC Topic Starter Politically Incorrect Pub Member / Supporter

Pacific Northwest, where it rains a lot...
    Since when did SMC start sticking in brief ads and very short movie trailers in movies about every 15 minutes?? That's very irritating!

2. Chris Leer

Chris Leer SatelliteGuys Guru

I don't see it on here and i am not subscribed to the dish movie pack yet also too it's listed in red on the guide.

3. TNGTony

TNGTony Unashamed Bengal Fan

I haven't watched a movie on that channel in ages. I watched an on demand movie from SMC recently. It has no interruptions, but it did start off with a promo.

4. long_time_DNC

I don't mind ads and promos in-between movies, but was watching Vantage Point on SMC last night and they were interrupting the movie about every 15 minutes with about 60-90 seconds of short ads and promos...so have they changed to a "commercial" channel, and if so, when did this happen? Seems to have been recently, as I recall watching a movie on SMC one evening last week and don't recall any ad/promo interruptions...

5. TNGTony

TNGTony Unashamed Bengal Fan

Looks like this change happened on January 1, 2013. Shows how often I watch that channel.

6. long_time_DNC

I don't get it...I was watching a movie on there one night last week and there were no interruptions...Where did you find that info, Tony? Thanks...

7. osu1991

osu1991 SatelliteGuys Master

There is a thread on the other satellite forum about it, when it started in Jan 2013

edit: although there are articles promoting SMC as commercial free from June 2015.

8. long_time_DNC

I could see them saying MGM-HD had started to adding commercials in 2013, because they were ad-free during movies when they first started, but then they started putting a break or two in their movies and they've been doing that for awhile now, perhaps 2 years. I'm pretty certain it has to be a very recent development for SMC though...a rather annoying development at that...

Separate names with a comma.

More...