Commercial Breaks on Sony Movie Channel on 386

I don't see it on here and i am not subscribed to the dish movie pack yet also too it's listed in red on the guide.

I don't mind ads and promos in-between movies, but was watching Vantage Point on SMC last night and they were interrupting the movie about every 15 minutes with about 60-90 seconds of short ads and promos...so have they changed to a "commercial" channel, and if so, when did this happen? Seems to have been recently, as I recall watching a movie on SMC one evening last week and don't recall any ad/promo interruptions...

There is a thread on the other satellite forum about it, when it started in Jan 2013

edit: although there are articles promoting SMC as commercial free from June 2015.

I could see them saying MGM-HD had started to adding commercials in 2013, because they were ad-free during movies when they first started, but then they started putting a break or two in their movies and they've been doing that for awhile now, perhaps 2 years. I'm pretty certain it has to be a very recent development for SMC though...a rather annoying development at that...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts