Commercial Breaks on Sony Movie Channel on 386

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I don't see it on here and i am not subscribed to the dish movie pack yet also too it's listed in red on the guide.

I don't mind ads and promos in-between movies, but was watching Vantage Point on SMC last night and they were interrupting the movie about every 15 minutes with about 60-90 seconds of short ads and promos...so have they changed to a "commercial" channel, and if so, when did this happen? Seems to have been recently, as I recall watching a movie on SMC one evening last week and don't recall any ad/promo interruptions...

There is a thread on the other satellite forum about it, when it started in Jan 2013

edit: although there are articles promoting SMC as commercial free from June 2015.

I could see them saying MGM-HD had started to adding commercials in 2013, because they were ad-free during movies when they first started, but then they started putting a break or two in their movies and they've been doing that for awhile now, perhaps 2 years. I'm pretty certain it has to be a very recent development for SMC though...a rather annoying development at that...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)