This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Commercial DCII Receivers

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jnastasi

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 23, 2009
Louisiana
Hey guys, do you know if the Motorola 4800 and Digitrans boxes have a battery that needs to be periodically replaced ... like the consumer models?

I assume they do, but haven't seen anyone mention this ... or what it would take to replace a battery in one of these units.

Thanks!

I wonder how a repair facility changes the battery without losing the receiver's ID. I'm sure that they do something more sophisticated than paralleling the existing battery with another battery?

There probably is a port on the board that they plug in an external power source that keeps the memory while doing it.

There probably is a port on the board that they plug in an external power source that keeps the memory while doing it.

I know the older Ham Radio transceivers had that problem with batteries but basically just jumped the battery terminals with a low voltage supply in a way that you applied voltage to the battery holder to keep power to that circuit while you pulled the battery and changed it out.

Status
Please reply by conversation.