comparing programming

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jaray

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 9, 2010
Northern Ontario, Canada
Awaiting my dsr-410 and looking at/comparing programming options. It looks to me like SRL provides the programming for Skyvision, but also sells it.
I do see differences between the two and it makes me wonder why the difference if they come from the same source anyway? I thought I was told once that Skyvision would just refer me to SRL for programming anyway..but I could have misunderstood.
Can anyone clarify this for me or lend some input?

thoughts??

Some of the programming I have with Skyvision is a little cheaper than the SRL package of the same content even though it's still from them. It might be to give Skyvision some sales? The DSR410 paks are little more expensive than similar 4DTV programming but well worth it. We're only taking a few dollars anyhow, no big difference unlike the present alternatives from the sky.

With either company the customer service is great. I use the Websams system SRL has in place in the event I need an online rehit or something after hours or for programming changes.

I use the Websams system that SRL has in place as well. I'm in Canada, and it is nice to order up the US programming via the internet instead of having to call the 800# and fumble on my US address or phone number :) I have someone in the US who uses my address for his Starchoice (Shaw Direct) subscription, and I use his US address for my C-Band subs. All it took was one quick call to SRL to set up the Websams system using his address, and now I can order channels at an instant.

I use the Websams system that SRL has in place as well. I'm in Canada, and it is nice to order up the US programming via the internet instead of having to call the 800# and fumble on my US address or phone number :) I have someone in the US who uses my address for his Starchoice (Shaw Direct) subscription, and I use his US address for my C-Band subs. All it took was one quick call to SRL to set up the Websams system using his address, and now I can order channels at an instant.

:eek: :D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)