Comparison help, please

Status
Please reply by conversation.

sheridan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 28, 2004
I need some help here.

My current installation is NON-HD, in fact, the dish is the old standard dual-LNB on the single satellite. I am looking to upgrade, but I am trying to understand whether I should go with the triple-LNB or the AT9 5-LNB. What I need to know is what will I gain going to the triple-LNB. And then what will I gain if I go to the 5-LNB. I'm not sure I'll gain anything significant going to the 5-LNB. I am in the Houston market.

With the 5lnb you get your houston locals in Hd over the satellite.

That's it? I just checked the D* website and they only list 3 channels in HD.

I should be able to pick all of them up OTA once I have an HD receiver.

Last edited:
I meant to say you need the 5lnb to get your hd houston locals. It gets everything else as well.

Okay, that was my question. What is everything else? I understand that there is some HD, but what am I gaining beyond what I have with the dual-LNB?

Is there a site I can go to that will detail the diferences between what is available using dual-LNB, triple-LNB and 5-LNB?

Thanks.

To get the HD pack you need the triple sat, because the channels for that package are spread across 3 satellites.

HD locals are on ka band satellites which require the at9, which gets everything you need, the 3 ku satelltes on a triple sat and the 2 ka satellites

Okay, so if I can pick up my HD locals OTA, then all I need is the triple. Right?

Great, thanks for taking the time. That makes my decision easier.

Status
Please reply by conversation.