Compatible Hard Drive 622

my 622 keeps rebooting...and by disconnecting the hard drive it will work without PVR... would formating the hard drive with winhex helps to solve this problem...?? ( winhex would fill out the hard drive with 00 , should I do all partitions or a spacific one )

Any input would be thankful

Rebooting

I think the broblem been solved...I had hooked up the hard drive to
an external power supply and reboot the unit by unpluging and re-pluging the unit .... so far so good.
it might be a power issue.

hope that will help some one ...

942/9200 hard drive swap

just upgraded mine with the seagate drive. now except for black color and decoder chip, I have a 722. :D Almost double the internal space is nice.

after install, it booted twice, then came up and said the drive was corrupted (duh, nothing there yet) and it needed to erase it. Pushed ok and a few minutes later it was done. Just had to rebuild the timers and restore some stuff from the EHD. Better than new.

Will the seagate work to swap on a 942/ 9200 as well?

Help me too?

my 622 keeps rebooting...and by disconnecting the hard drive it will work without PVR... would formating the hard drive with winhex helps to solve this problem...?? ( winhex would fill out the hard drive with 00 , should I do all partitions or a spacific one )

Any input would be thankful

Hi I haVe a 942 / 9200 just keeps rebooting w / hard drive hooked up( works with it disconnected) ... is hard drive toast or can I try zeroing out with win hex and see if machine will reformat?:confused:

Just installed a brand new Seagate ST3500830SCE 500gb harddrive in my VIP622 receiver. Got the HD from Computer Geeks for $57.99. Old drive was a Maxtor, and I suspected I have been hearing the Maxtor "ball bearing PING of death" at random (I'm a computer field tech, and my ears are keyed to that kind of sound!). So, I decided it was time to change it out.

Seagate DB35.35 500GB SATA/300 7200RPM 8MB Hard Drive Seagate ST3500830SCE

Everything went well, pulling the cover off was easier than I thought. I forgot that the TIMERS were on the harddrive, and got a shock when I had to figure out what we were all recording, and set them all up again. But, thems the breaks.

I went from: (30hrs HD, 200hrs SD) to (55hrs HD and 347hrs SD).

I'm happy, and hope this receiver will give me a lot more life.

Just installed a brand new Seagate ST3500830SCE 500gb harddrive in my VIP622 receiver. Got the HD from Computer Geeks for $57.99. Old drive was a Maxtor, and I suspected I have been hearing the Maxtor "ball bearing PING of death" at random (I'm a computer field tech, and my ears are keyed to that kind of sound!). So, I decided it was time to change it out.

Seagate DB35.35 500GB SATA/300 7200RPM 8MB Hard Drive Seagate ST3500830SCE

Everything went well, pulling the cover off was easier than I thought. I forgot that the TIMERS were on the harddrive, and got a shock when I had to figure out what we were all recording, and set them all up again. But, thems the breaks.

I went from: (30hrs HD, 200hrs SD) to (55hrs HD and 347hrs SD).

I'm happy, and hope this receiver will give me a lot more life.

Is there a compatable model that has 16mb instead of 8mb and does the drive take the spin up and sleep command the OEM drive does?

Is there a compatable model that has 16mb instead of 8mb and does the drive take the spin up and sleep command the OEM drive does?
Go to Post #30 and the list of compatible drives can be found. Only these drives will work in the 622.

It's a dvr, I don't think it matters whether the drive is 16mb instead of 8mb cache. It's designed to work well with the 8mb, so why bother? I don't know if the new drive takes the spin up and sleep commands, BUT, I know this drive is specifically made to work in dvr's, so I assume it does.

I'll bet P. Smith knows! (I think he's actually "The Shadow"!) You'll have to wait until he weighs in here, and lets us know. It won't be long, since I suspect he spends about 18 hours a day in here...hehe :D

Apparently the Seagate ST3500830SCE 500gb is discontinued and I can't seem to find one anywhere. Does anyone know if there is a new version? My 722 Harddrive appears to be slowly dying and I would like to try a harddrive swap before I fork over another 400 bucks or so for a new 722.

Apparently the Seagate ST3500830SCE 500gb is discontinued and I can't seem to find one anywhere. Does anyone know if there is a new version? My 722 Harddrive appears to be slowly dying and I would like to try a harddrive swap before I fork over another 400 bucks or so for a new 722.

That's not true. I just google it and found bunch of sells.
One is here.

HansenFarm

Just purchased a Western Digital with exact same model numbers as original for my 722 from Amazon.com for around $70. Have not been able to get unit to accept the drive after numerous re-boots , cleanings, etc.
Dish technical is no help because they say I will void the return warranty (I own the unit).
Sure would like to find some actual tech service info.

Just purchased a Western Digital with exact same model numbers as original for my 722 from Amazon.com for around $70. Have not been able to get unit to accept the drive after numerous re-boots , cleanings, etc.
Dish technical is no help because they say I will void the return warranty (I own the unit).
Sure would like to find some actual tech service info.
Your mistake - exact number including a few letters after '-' "57PDB0" they are critical; actually WD HDD for DVR is OEM and you can't buy it from stores, may by eBay, but no regular distributors.
Reading the thread from beginning would help to avoid the unnecessary expenses for incompatible WD HDD.

let it die, sign up for dhpp, get it replaced.

DHPP? Is that short for leasing the equipment from Dishnetwork? If so last thing I need is more dollars on my sat bill. It's already high enough :(

If I'm unable to procur a replacement drive I'm hoping this thing will hold on long enough till the new Dish receiver with the built in Slingbox comes out.

DHPP? Is that short for leasing the equipment from Dishnetwork? If so last thing I need is more dollars on my sat bill. It's already high enough :(

If I'm unable to procur a replacement drive I'm hoping this thing will hold on long enough till the new Dish receiver with the built in Slingbox comes out.
DHPP is the Dish Home Protection Plan. Call in and sign up for it. Call in the next day and get your unit replaced for just the cost of shipping (I think).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)