Complete Lockup - Antenna Setup/ Poor video, no audio after scan

chc59

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 31, 2007
Dalton, Ohio
Whenever going to Antenna Setup, the unit locks up, i.e. no response to remote on any buttons. Have to power cycle to correct. Unit is loaded with new 07/06 firmware. No motor being driven. (Menu say "No Motor") Big dish driven by 4DTV. Finally getting around to setting unit up. Blind scanned 2 Ku birds. Now trying to setup the C band side of SES2 @ 87.

Had a problem after scanning the Ku side of SES2. Video was freezing and had no audio. Signal was strong but noticed that the video behind the signal screen was not freezing. Exiting the Signal screen, the video started freezing again. A power recycle fixed it.

With no power switch, doing these power recycles is a PITA.

Joe

Do a factory reset after updating the firmware? I have only observed menu lock-up after updating the firmware and not performing a Factory Reset.

I watch and scan both C and KU bands of SES2 quite often without any issues.

How are you distributing the C and KU band signals? Loop-through, splitters, orthos, c/ku LNBF?

Yes, did a reset after updating firmware. As I noted in my posting, I had already scanned two sats without having a lockup. Although I did not have to change any of the parameters in the Antenna Setup for those Ku birds, I did access the Antenna Setup menu without a lockup. Now it locks up as soon as I access the setup menu.

I have Norsat Ku and C lnb's feeding a 22khz switch, then on to the microHD. Same setup I had been using with my previous receiver, Azbox Elite.

Guess I'll save what I have and do another reset. Failing that, I'll reload the firmware and start over.

Joe

Yes, did a reset after updating firmware. As I noted in my posting, I had already scanned two sats without having a lockup. Although I did not have to change any of the parameters in the Antenna Setup for those Ku birds, I did access the Antenna Setup menu without a lockup. Now it locks up as soon as I access the setup menu.

I have Norsat Ku and C lnb's feeding a 22khz switch, then on to the microHD. Same setup I had been using with my previous receiver, Azbox Elite.

Guess I'll save what I have and do another reset. Failing that, I'll reload the firmware and start over.

Joe

If you have a way to try using the video cord on COMPOSITE (480i), see if that also freezes up. The reason I say this, is I use HDMI, and when I've added a transponder to a satellite manually, I've noticed the video lock up also. However, mine clears when I jump to another screen. Then again since you say it now locks up when you access the antenna screen, see if it still locks up with the coax disconnected from the back. if so, check your switches, cabling, etc for any sort of issue.

If you have a way to try using the video cord on COMPOSITE (480i), see if that also freezes up. The reason I say this, is I use HDMI, and when I've added a transponder to a satellite manually, I've noticed the video lock up also. However, mine clears when I jump to another screen. Then again since you say it now locks up when you access the antenna screen, see if it still locks up with the coax disconnected from the back. if so, check your switches, cabling, etc for any sort of issue.
Good idea, I'd go so far as to disconnect HDMI cable from the stb and try to use it solely on the composite output. That may tell you something. :)

Operating freely again. No lockups. Set up a c band bird @ 87W. Blind scanned same.

To fix, saved what little data I had to a .udf file, did another Factory Reset, and loaded the .udf file back in. File did not appear to be loaded at first. Got "No Channel" message. Did a power recycle and the data was there.

BTW, had a little trouble setting up the parameters for the sat. Scanned but no joy. Checked the parameters like Lo and 22khz and found that they were no what I entered, or thought I entered. Traced problem to the slowness that that particular menu responds to the remote. You press the button and nothing happens. So, you press it again. Guess what, both key presses eventually respond. Now the parameters are wrong. Once I realized that, all was well.

Joe

Great to hear the problem is resolved!

If the satellite list is selected and motor commands are being sent, there is a few second delay in remote response.

Great to hear the problem is resolved!

If the satellite list is selected and motor commands are being sent, there is a few second delay in remote response.

Brian,

Just to clarify my posting, I've seen this slow response only on the Antenna Setup screen. so far. Since I'm using my DSR922 for motor and polarity control, there is no motor installed and the screen shows that. I assume that is the default condition. Just now getting around to installing the MicroHD, I had only scanned two sats, both of them the 83 and 87 Ku. The default Antenna Setup for those was fine. But when I added the C side of 87, I had to make changes to the Antenna Setup defaults, for instance 22khz to "On". That is when I ran afoul of the slow response and inadvertantly made incorrect changes like 5750 instead of 5150 for the Lo. Didn't think that the remote worked on the first press of the key so I pressed again. The number changed to 5150 so I was happy. Unfortunately that was the late response to the first key press. I didn't notice that it eventually changed to 5750 as a result of the second key press. All worked out in the end, though.

Joe

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)