Complete loss of signal

mojofilter

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 22, 2005
I live in San Jose, and right at the beginning of the HNIC this past Saturday I completely lost signals to all transponders on Nimiq91. I tried jiggling the dish to see if I could at least get a partial signal but no luck.

I saw the posting on the homepage about the Echostar ruling. Could that have something to do with this problem? Others in CA having the same problem?

the Echostar ruling has NOTHING, NADA, ZIPPO, NO SIR REE BOB impact on ExpressVu :)

sounds like either the dish is out of alignment or something went bad like a cable or LNB. Try to replcae the cable and see if that does the trick (just run a temp cable to see if that solves the issue) :)

Ok, that's a little embarassing. I found that the cable going to the floor mounted jack was slightly loose. I have no idea how that happened, or why near the beginning of the game. In any case, it works now and many thanks!!

eh, we all have those "D'OH" moments. One time I was wondering why when I was aiming my ExpressVu dish I wasnt getting any signal until I checked the back of the box to see the cable was unplugged from the receiver :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)