Completed my install :)

DishTech091

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 19, 2010
USA
Just completed my 2 hoppers and 3 joey install... everything went good.. knock on wood.. anyone got any questions?

Does not matter how you set it up.. when you turn on joey for the 1st time it will ask you which hopper you want to pair with it.. I been playing around with it and you can change joey to different hopper without changing lines around if you decide you want to move it.. One thing i'm not happy with is my 2nd hopper can only do 2 recordings? Not sure if it bug or what...

Does not matter how you set it up.. when you turn on joey for the 1st time it will ask you which hopper you want to pair with it.. I been playing around with it and you can change joey to different hopper without changing lines around if you decide you want to move it.. One thing i'm not happy with is my 2nd hopper can only do 2 recordings? Not sure if it bug or what...
is it pretty smooth to change it around? just a button click essentially to move joeys around to different hoppers? no waiting and pretty much instant?

yes it's instant just about.. made video but didn't come to good.. well try tomorrow to get little clearer..

yes it's instant just about.. made video but didn't come to good.. well try tomorrow to get little clearer..
Thanks, with duo nodes showing up at almost the last minute there weren't many user reports about how easy this would work.

For those people hung up about seamless integration, it seems far less of issue when it's so easy to change things around in the software.

Yup, I played around a little on the 2H 4J install I did today. Just press the Blue button, go to Whole Home and you can pick which Hopper you want to link to. This means the Joeys can effectively see all content from both Hoppers, it's just not seamless yet.

gtal98 said:
Yup, I played around a little on the 2H 4J install I did today. Just press the Blue button, go to Whole Home and you can pick which Hopper you want to link to. This means the Joeys can effectively see all content from both Hoppers, it's just not seamless yet.

I can't wait for the seamless integration. If it doesn't come soon my wife will get pissed at me for false advertising. I had to work hard to convince her of the upgrade. Hopefully it comes sooner than "soon".

Scherrman said:
I am unable to link my Joeys to my living room Hopper. Both Joeys linked to my Hopper in the Basement.

Hmmm... I want to link 2 Joeys to my upstairs Hopper and 1 to the downstairs one. I hope I don't have that issue...

Sent from my iPad 2 using Forum Runner

I can't wait for the seamless integration. If it doesn't come soon my wife will get pissed at me for false advertising. I had to work hard to convince her of the upgrade. Hopefully it comes sooner than "soon".

What I was told by my management today was don't expect it until sometime this summer....

This is what my screen looks like. It says they are not linked and I'm unable to select them.

Attachments

• image-3330223141.jpg
    image-3330223141.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 309

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)