Completed my install :)

HD Set with DVI Input - Does it work with the Hopper?

Those of you who have completed your installation: are any of your HD sets DVI, and does an HDMI>DVI adapter work with the Hopper? My 2003 Sony 65" is DVI, but it works with my Cox cable box HDMI port going to the set with a DVI adapter (and R/L audio cables).

Last edited:
Do you have 2 Sling Adapters?

Just completed my 2 hoppers and 3 joey install... everything went good.. knock on wood.. anyone got any questions?
next question ... Do you have 2 sling adapters?

If so ... what happens when you tried them?
Can both go to *one* Hopper? or if you keep them on respective Hoppers ... can you still access them ok (DRA or DO)?

And 2nd new question or set there of since its still not been said clearly (Scott's thread on his install prior to the 15th, plus other speculative feeds have been checked prior to asking this) ...

Timers .... I get the PTAT is nice, takes one tuner when its recording ...

• but how does it resolve timers set for prime time shows?
  • does a second tuner come on line, record the show into user land and then release itself after?
  • does the timer instead just copy the feed from the 1 tuner when its done?
  • does using PTAT just mean that you must manually copy any/all primetime shows you wanted to keep or save for watching later?

its one thing for a show that I might watch in 8 days ... its another for a show I watch and rewatch with friends, or shows that I am intent upon keeping for several months when I want to do a watch party.. thankfully there aren't *that* many prime time/channel shows that I want to do that kind of stuff with .. most are FX or USA or AMC.

And Lastly ... whats it like dealing with the Hopper from Dish Online or Dish Remote Access (web or app)?
ie.. family memeber is out of town for 7 days.. wants to move something from PTAT over to userland can they? Is there a "save this for later" option from the ptat menus so that it won't delete the items before that family member is back in the area??

Thank you for helping to clear this up!! :)

Those of you who have completed your installation: are any of your HD sets DVI, and does an HDMI>DVI adapter work with the Hopper? My 2003 Sony 65" is DVI, but it works with my Cox cable box HDMI port going to the set with a DVI adapter (and R/L audio cables).

I want to know the answer to this also. My installation is tomorrow. If DVI does not work, somebody posted the following from monoprice.com

For only $36.00 each when QTY 50+ purchased - HDMI® to Component (YPbPr) & R/L Stereo Audio Converter | HDMI to Component (YPbPr) / VGA Converters

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)