Completely wrong program (channel) recorded

tbarney

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 19, 2008
The (usually trusty) 622 was setup to record an OTA channel today, 58-1 if it matters, from 3-4pm. My wife goes to watch the program and it was recording 4-1, although the info for the recorded program said 58-1, had the title of the recording was that of the program that was on 58-1 and had the description of the program that was on 58-1. In all cases, it looked like it recorded the content on 58-1 other than the tuner never actually switched the channel to 58-1, it stayed on 4-1 which was on earlier in the day. If it matters, this is a repeating recording that has been in the dvr for several months. Has anyone ever seen this before?

Thanks,
Tom

Sounds like a digital transition issue with the local station. Obviously, CH58 is the station's digital frequency, 4 being the analog. Ususally, the UHF channel will map as the analog channel, with the-1 added on. At least you are getting your program recorded. I'd say there is nothing wrong with your 622.

Happened to me Sunday night, set the 722 to record the Tudors, verified that it was set to record the Tudors, checked later and saw that it recorded the Tudors, when I went to watch it it was ch 215 The travel Channel, although the banner said it was the Tudors channel 318

Bob

Have seen this happen on my 622 a couple of times.. Banner reads the right show but recoding is from another OTA Channel.. Had it happen since late last year a couple of times. Just a glitch in the system I suppose.. But it does aggrevate when you don't get to watch what you intended..

Thanks for the replies. At least I know it isn't just me. I'll just consider it a glitch unless it starts to happen on a regular basis.

I've been seeing this happen since early this year (on two different recievers) and it seems to be getting more and more frequent. The first time I saw it happen I noticed that I had 6.18 but I don't know how long I had it so I don't know if it a software issue caused by that version. Hoping when the next one comes out it will quit doing this.

By the way, I regard this as more than just aggrevating. I pay for this DVR because I like to watch shows in progression without missing them, yet don't want to be tied to the TV.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts