Component Video Cables

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

BKP

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 24, 2006
Vacationland, USA
What is a good inexpensive component video cable..

I haven't even looked at the prices yet so I really don't know what is inexpensive.. But, there are so many brands and different models available I don't feel like messin' around and buying a POS cable.. Been there done that, Hahaha..

All opinions appreciated, thanks..

I just use the regular yellow/red/white connect cables. I haven't seen any degraded performance. You just have to make sure the cables get put into the proper jacks at both ends. Have fun.

What is a good inexpensive component video cable..

I haven't even looked at the prices yet so I really don't know what is inexpensive.. But, there are so many brands and different models available I don't feel like messin' around and buying a POS cable.. Been there done that, Hahaha..

All opinions appreciated, thanks..

What length? That can help to determine your cost. Go HERE and look at the ones listed as "PREMIUM xFT 3-RCA Component Video RG-6 18AWG 75Ohm CL2 Rated Cable"

HERE is the 6ft

HERE is the 3ft

What length? That can help to determine your cost. Go HERE and look at the ones listed as "PREMIUM xFT 3-RCA Component Video RG-6 18AWG 75Ohm CL2 Rated Cable"

HERE is the 6ft

HERE is the 3ft

That's a very nice site..

Yeah, I was just looking at those premium cables.. Are you guys using the premium cables..

Have you guys tried the less expensive cables with the RG59.. They also have good reviews... Maybe, I'll try one of each..

Has anyone tried one of those S-video to RCA composite video cables.. My VCR only has composite or RF outputs.. The picture quality never has been that great.. So, I thought maybe this cable would help..

Thanks again, BK

Another good cable to use is Belden 1694a. This is what is almost universally used in broadcast facilities to route uncompressed SDI and HD-SDI digital video. It is RG-6 and features an 18 AWG center conductor, gas-injected foam dielectric, and 95% shield with Duofoil.

More about it here: http://www.bluejeanscable.com/store/component/index.htm

It can also be purchased in bulk (on spools without connectors installed) from plenty of places online for about .40 - .50 per foot. Expensive for sure, but cheaper by far than Monster and proven in the pro video industry.

Last edited:
The $10 Wally World or Lowe's 6 ft long cable will work just fine.

The signal is digital. It's like CD and DVD players. It makes very little difference.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)