CONDO

Status
Please reply by conversation.

guppy1

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 9, 2009
Texas
We recently bought a condo down by the beach. I am wondering if I can take the directv receiver from one of my extra bedrooms at my home and set it up in the condo? Is this gonna be ok with directv or is this a violation to their ToS? Is there a way to password protect the receiver so a weekend renter can not rent movies on my account?

you can move the reicever back and forth but TECHNICALLY you can't leave it there permanently

do people do it? yes

you can set a password on it

It would be enough of a violation to cost you big bucks if Direct TV finds out you have renters using your account while you are using your account at home. It's called theft. Probably no jail time, but could cost you thousands. You make the call.

We recently bought a condo down by the beach. I am wondering if I can take the directv receiver from one of my extra bedrooms at my home and set it up in the condo? Is this gonna be ok with directv or is this a violation to their ToS? Is there a way to password protect the receiver so a weekend renter can not rent movies on my account?

It's not ok. But go ahead and do it anyway. They will never know.
Both Dish and Directv would just be thrilled if customers which have second homes would all just be honest and let the company know they have a second home in which they intend on using satellite tv. This so the satellite company can compel the customers to buy a second subscription.

No renters. This is just a small condo that we go spend a long weekend every other month. Why is everyone saying set a password, is this because people are thinking renters are involved?

No renters. This is just a small condo that we go spend a long weekend every other month. Why is everyone saying set a password, is this because people are thinking renters are involved?

In your original question you asked " Is there a way to password protect the receiver so a weekend renter can not rent movies on my account?"

That makes me think that you will occasionally have renters so we answered your question and said yes you should password protect.

Oh, sorry. I forgot that I had wrote that, was saving from going into detail that my bro might e there from time to time. He has a teenage son.

We take our second DVR to our mountain town home all of the time. One time we even called DirecTV when we had an issue and told them we are currently using it in our second home. They had no problem with us doing this and even helped me resolve our problem.

Sent from my Jailbroken iPhone 5 using SatelliteGuys

Now if you ask people on DBSTalk, they will tell you that what I did was illegal.

Sent from my Jailbroken iPhone 5 using SatelliteGuys

You are correct, I have friends that have a cottage and they leave one up there and they told D* what they were doing from the very beginning and they have No Problem doing this in thier case, they said Yes its fine.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts