CONFIRMED(?)- Dish Discontinuing Absolute HD Package

I am not going to do it just yet but I was going to try to get the deal that they have offered the few people that have called. I want to get my RSN's in HD before hockey season because I now need to drop NHL center ice (I changed my service address back to my present location so I won't get the Avalanche on Center Ice).

By the way, I had a heck of a time changing my service address. It may have been the online CSR that I dealt with but he kept insisting that I had to have an installer come and do it.

If anyone gets the call and happens to get the number via their caller id please post the number.

I just sent you a PM

Update - Not going away?!?!?

I just got back from vacation and had decided to go ahead and take their offer (AT200, HD for life, no contract, Platinum for 6 mos, intro price for 12 months). RSN's are the main motivation.

Anyway, I called back on the number they gave me which previously had gone to Denver to very knowledgeable agents. This time I only got a CSR in India and neither he nor his supervisor had a clue about the offer and didn't even know who I should call. So, I called the corporate office and got the executive resolution office. I was told the offer is valid and I should be able to get it resolved with the same number I called. They also told me that it was Dish who called orginally, but "I SHOULDN'T HAVE BEEN TOLD THE PACKAGE WAS BEING DISCONTINUED". She said as long as no changes are made to one's account, the Absolute will continue to exist for now.

When I asked why some had been called and not others, she also explained that the ones that received calls were selected on the basis of account activity, billing preferences and payment history. She said not everyone with Absolute would receive the offer.

It's hard to put much faith in anything at this point, but this conversation at least makes sense. So, if you don't want to change anything and haven't been called it appears to be business as usual.

could be that E tracked how many canceled service, and found this was causing added churn so they may have suspended the effort for now.

I hope E get the message, screw with subs = lost customers .........

maybe someone is getting the message?

They also told me that it was Dish who called orginally, but "I SHOULDN'T HAVE BEEN TOLD THE PACKAGE WAS BEING DISCONTINUED". She said as long as no changes are made to one's account, the Absolute will continue to exist for now.
If that's true, then that is Great News!!! At least for those of us who are happy with what we currently have.

Instead of forcing us out of our favorite plans, Dish Network needs to make other plans more attractive (e.g. by adding new interesting channels to them ;) ) and sooner or later most of us will switch on our own...

I always felt your "confirmed" was BS

Actually it was Scott who added the word "CONFIRMED" to the title of this thread.

(I just added a question mark for the time being).

The only thing that has really been confirmed (by Scott and others) is the fact that it was Dish initiating the calls.

.....Instead of forcing us out of our favorite plans, Dish Network needs to make other plans more attractive (e.g. by adding new interesting channels to them ;) ) and sooner or later most of us will switch on our own...
I agree.

To get me to switch all Dish needs to do is come up with a plan that includes almost all the HD channels with a minimum of SD channels for under $40/mo with a single HD DVR. Oh wait, I already subscribe to a plan like that -- it's called DishHD Absolute :D

Talon Dancer

56 pages of this BS is a sad commentary on us, folks...but particularly, Bob.

So Am I right on this?
You can't actually order this package anymore (and haven't been able for a while now).
Many people who have been "grandfathered" in are still getting it. And some are being forced out by way of a phone call.
And anybody who would like to get this package, would have to settle for one of the 3 "American HD" packages. Which would include NO SD, and are much more expensive than "Absolute HD".

I sure wish they'd still offer it.
I've been on the AE since day one (to avoid DVR charges and such).
Now that the AE doesn't get free DVR service anymore, it sure would have been nice to be able to get HD only for a good price.
I don't call $55 for HD Gold a good price. Not really anyway. But I suppose it's still better than teh $100 I pay for AE.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts