Confirmed. Sky Angel is out of business as of January 14th.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

SatAV_Support

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 9, 2013
Roseville, California
Team,

Just for your information, just talked to Sky Angel Management and they confirmed and this is official. Sky Angel will stop streaming as of January 14th, 2014.

For Internet customers they are referring to Roku and for Satellite they are referring to Glorystar.

Make sure you stop recurring payments.

Euge

I remember the days of installing tons of dishes at 61.5 for folks to get this when it was on Satellite.

Thanks for the heads up Eugene. :)

Already posted this in the Sky Angel forum after receiving the letter. I have Fave TV & the way I interpreted the letter,the only thing left of Sky Angel & Fave TV will be 3 channels,Angel One,Angel Two,& KTV on Dish network.

I remember the days of installing tons of dishes at 61.5 for folks to get this when it was on Satellite.

Thanks for the heads up Eugene. :)

Talk about a dream. When I was a kid, Sky Angel started broadcasting on DishNet platform, I soooo wanted to have the lifetime sub. Then my friend gave me his .75m fiberglass channel master with .8 norsat lnbf and coship tuner. What a revolutionary day it was.. T5 Ku band went live in my house...

Yep I set it up, for quite a few DishNet customers. Yeah lifetime was a steal at the time.

I'm confused about the portion of the post
For Internet customers they are referring to Roku and for Satellite they are referring to Glorystar.

OK on the Roku there is the Sky Angel package (along with most of the religious stations as stand alone and free) but Glorystar was something different

Glorystar isnt going away?

I'm confused about the portion of the post

OK on the Roku there is the Sky Angel package (along with most of the religious stations as stand alone and free) but Glorystar was something different

Glorystar isnt going away?

I take "referring to" to mean: "please switch to". So switch to whatever you can get on Roku, and/or switch to receiving Glorystar.

Sad to see them go. I'm not a customer, but sad to see an option disappear.

Wonder what there sub count is?

Heard rumors that after the transition to IPTV the subscription never got above 15,000 and was rapidly declining. The proprietary STB requirements from an overpriced IPTV provider, multiple and avoidable hardware upgrade requirements, contract mis-steps, questionable lawsuits and believing their own hype added to the demise.

Roku was the final nail in the coffin. Too bad, as the founder, Robert Johnson had a great vision that passed away with him...

yeah it seemed like when they went to roku they kinda shot themselves in the foot. Also a fair amount of the channels are already free on roku so why pay for them

I remember the threads in the Dish area for folks trying to set up 4 satellites back then
110/119 (core SD.....no HD back then)
148 for the minor locals (in some areas dish split up the locals with the big 4 on 110/119 and the rest on 61.5 or 148)
61.5 for Sky Angel

Problem was there was no "simple" way to hook it up :)

no

The link I posted was when it was on satellite which it hasnt been in years. (the satellite they were using they sold to Dish)
At the time it was on satellite you could buy just Sky Angel and have nothing to do with dish network other than the fact it was their (dish's) receiver. So back then there were folks who wanted more than just the SA programming but didnt want to drop money on a dish network package. So SA added those 4 channels as an "optional" package (kinda like they do on the IPTV platform)

my link above was a "blast from the past"

Many of us paid for the Lifetime subscription only to see a change in management completely nullify the lifetime contracts to try to startup the IPTV boxes. They probably truly deserve to go broke, although the gospel programming has been missed for a long time.

I had Sky Angel both on satellite and the IPTV streaming. I paid the "lifetime" membership - - and frankly I feel like Sky Angel cheated me and many others. It is almost funny to go look at the old threads when they went from satellite to IPTV.

i do not wish them ill, but I could see this coming when I cancelled my IPTV sub with them. Both the business model and the number of folks interested in this service was working against them. I think it really only worked well when they were on Satellite 61.5.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts