Confirmed. Sky Angel is out of business as of January 14th.

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I am one of Sky Angel's "official" bloggers. The Roku Sky Angel channel was discontinued in October. I think that might have been a good way for Sky Angel to go except the price was too high relative to other Roku channels that have a subscription fee. I bought a Roku specifically to get the Sky Angel channel. There are MANY Christian channel offerings on Roku, most free. It's an easy and economical way to get much of the programming we are losing with Sky Angel. Plus I added the Gaither.TV channel, Parables (which recently added a large library of OnDemand movies that are included in the monthly fee), FFE (Family Friendly Entertainment music videos), PEBN (southern gospel), and I was able to watch the National Quartet Convention on a Roku channel. I am paying about the same for all those subscription channels as one IPTV faith subscription. Plus TBN has all of its group of channels and on-demand, and DayStar also has on-demand. Lots of good stuff available on Roku with new channels being added every week.

I have especially enjoyed the Sky Angel WebTV and the iPad app, which is really very user-friendly. And two things I'll miss are the 48-hour playback feature and just having listings available (I used Zap2It). My interest is in helping people who are losing Sky Angel brainstorm ways they can still access the programming they are losing. I've already done a lot of work on that, and there is very little I can't access...except I won't have a unified listings guide or that 48-hour playback feature. I have started a group on Facebook for former Sky Angel subscribers to offer a place where they can discuss options for getting the programming.

Last edited:
Anyone searching for a group can find and join the group and then post freely. "Closed" simply means that there is a first step of requesting to join and being accepted, just like all our Facebook friends make a friend request. I want the group to be a solutions-based spot so we can all continue to access the good programming we are losing, plus find new programming options. I don't want it to be a "gripe" spot for people who are upset and want to bash Sky Angel, that is not productive or uplifting for those who are in the group.

I am asking Sky Angel if I can post an announcement on their Facebook page and on their blog--I am one of their bloggers. I have also been messaging people who post on their FB page to tell them about it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)