Confused, need help!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

pinkcookies26

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 11, 2006
Okay, I have an oval dish with three lnbs and four lines coming off the dish. Two went to the LR for the dual tuner dvr, one ran to the weight room to a standard receiver, and the fourth to the br to a standard receiver. I deactivated the weight room and replaced the br with another dual tuner dvr. Needing another line for the dual tuner dvr now in the BR I pulled the line going to the weight room and routed it to the BR , however it was not long enough and I had to get a coupler and tie into it. Got it all hooked up and it will not receive signal through the line that went to the weight room. I figured four lines coming off the dish, two to the LR and two to the BR. Is this the way it should be done. Its driving me crazy, any input would greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Okay, I have an oval dish with three lnbs and four lines coming off the dish. Two went to the LR for the dual tuner dvr, one ran to the weight room to a standard receiver, and the fourth to the br to a standard receiver. I deactivated the weight room and replaced the br with another dual tuner dvr. Needing another line for the dual tuner dvr now in the BR I pulled the line going to the weight room and routed it to the BR , however it was not long enough and I had to get a coupler and tie into it. Got it all hooked up and it will not receive signal through the line that went to the weight room. I figured four lines coming off the dish, two to the LR and two to the BR. Is this the way it should be done. Its driving me crazy, any input would greatly appreciated. Thanks.

That should work. It sounds like one of the connections is loose.

Are you receiving all zeros on the tuner 2, or very low signals? Check that the new cable (added on to the one from the weight room) is RG6 solid copper center. Make sure there are no tight bends or staples crushing the cable. And when you say "coupler," do you mean a barrel connector?

It is possible that as he pulled on the cable, he may have split the center conductor, or created a problem with one of the connectors (like raoul5788 said, especially if these connectors are crimps, as opposed to compression), or stretched the coax just enough so that one or more of the stingers no longer make proper contact.

Something to try, if you remove the coupler, and bring the STB to the end (that is too short) and try it, does it work? if so, then the problem is in the coax OR the coupler you added on to make it long enough, if the problem is still there, then it could be what I said in the first paragraph.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Why does FF go pink?

Procedures for adding a third antenna for HD reception

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)