Status
Please reply by conversation.

BKP

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 24, 2006
Vacationland, USA
First off, what a great forum this is..

I found this place Saturday evening and have been reading it for 3 days now.. Well, I'm disabled so plenty of time for reading and research on-line.. I've also been researching the C/Ku-Band for around 4 weeks..

I found a used 6' mesh dish on a stand with a Toshiba TRX-80 for $75.00 locally.. The guy said he’d deliver and set it up for another $100.00 which is pretty good considering he’s at least an hour drive away.. I don’t know all the details of the dish yet but, for the money I thought it’s a great place to start..

This brings me to my first question… When surveying your site which direction do you need a clear view of sight to.. I thought I knew but, after reading some threads here I’m now confused, imagine that… Hahaha..

Thanks, BK

south to southwest. Is this a motorized dish? a 6'er for $75 is not a bad deal.

Thanks for the welcome Guys...

For some reason I was thinking west.. Why is that..

Sweet deal, I know I can do south and southwest but, I don't believe southeast is doable.. I had Primestar back in the day and still have the old pole out back..

My next question, if I get someone to survey my site that doesn't know C/Ku-Band what should they look for..

Thanks again, BK

drhydro said:
south to southwest. Is this a motorized dish? a 6'er for $75 is not a bad deal.

I don't think it's motorized.. The dish is mounted on a stand and needs to be held down with blocks or something..

BK

hmmmmmmm well thats still a fair deal, just realize that you are going to be limited in the channels you recieve off of one c band sat. Without a motor, you will have to re aim the dish by hand every time you want to see a different satellite.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)