Confused

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I wasn’t sure because the numbers didn’t match and I thought Infowars is on C band? Oh well tomorrow is another day! I’m getting closer! Lol
No, Infowars is on Ku, but your number is out by 100, it should be 12095 not 12195. Did something get changed in the LNB settings? The transponder numbers for the CNN feeds (N1 - N7) and the Patient channel are spot on.

If the lnb numbers were changed I have no clue how I did it. Another thing that I don’t understand is why the PBS stations aren’t inclusive on 99W tv channels? I’ve struggled getting this far in the past couple of weeks by relying on a faulty meter and couldn’t have accomplished what I have without your advice and knowledge. Thank you sir and to the other members of this forum that have assisted me getting to this point. God is good. All the time.

Reactions: FTA4PA
Glad to have helped. You probably were not peaked on 99W, therefore the PBS channels didn't scan, they do require more signal to scan in. As well, there are some people who have been having problems getting them even with dishes larger than yours, so even if you peak the dish, you might not get them. 99W can be a pain!

Strange, but check that your LNB numbers are still correct in your receiver. Hopefully, it was just an anomaly, you will know when you scan in 97W and check the numbers against Lyngsat. You might want to delete some of the transponders that you have scanned in from the other satellites you have been on while scanning them in as 97W, so you know what is new and what are old.

I locked 97W with 92% signal and 72% quality. Then I disconnected the receiver and connected motor. Unfortunately my plan went awry at this point. Motor started moving around and now I am out of focus. I have no way of moving motor with this receiver. Perhaps I can move it with the meter but I’m unsure. May have to purchase device to move motor or receiver that has the option???

• Sad
Reactions: Keith Brannen
Ordered a used fortec and remote off ebay. I need another receiver anyway so maybe this will work! I’m reluctant to move dish ir even sneeze around it at this point!

Use the current STB. Select 97w from the satellite list, select USALS as the motor type, set the LNB LO type and let the motor move the dish to the calculated position. USALS mode calculates the satellite position from a true south default. Now that the motor has moved to the calculated offset azimuth and elevation, rotate the motor on the pole to point the dish in the direction that you had previously scanned in the 97w channels. Make sure the motor latitude scale is set to match your install location latitude. Set the dish elevation mount scale to the offset angle specified in the motor manual.

Now SLOWLY rotate the motor on the mount 10-15 degrees on either side of where you found the 97w channels. If no quality reading is noted, increase or decrease the dish mount elevation by one degree and sweep the +/- 15 degrees again. Once the Signal Quality reading is found, optimize then lock down the motor and dish bolts. Further optimize the Signal Quality reading by rotating the LNBF CW/CCW and sliding it fore/aft in the circular mount.

Reactions: Texan61
If you had to drive manually drive the motor east or west to receive the satellite again, the motor and dish are not aligned with the arc and will not track to receive the other satellites.

Take a few days off to enjoy watching the return on your labor, read the Motor Install FAQ and attack it again in a week or two...

I was wrong about the Hellobox 6. I was able to manually drive motor in DiSEqC 1.2 but when changing back to USALS it would go back out of alignment. So I let the receiver go to 97W then adjusted dish brackets to highest signal and quality levels. Was working great but now I’ve lost everything due to the storm that’s passing by.

Reactions: Titanium