Confused

Status
Please reply by conversation.
USALS is a form of DiSEqC control. The install location Longitude and Latitude is only inputted once and used by the receiver to calculate the motor position offset for each new satellite that is activated in USALS motor control mode. If the install location's longitude or latitude is inputted incorrectly, the motor will move the wrong direction.

In DiSEqC 1.2 mode, the satellite positions are manually located then the position is saved in the motor with a corresponding motor number. When the user selects a new satellite, the STB calls out for the motor to "GoTo" saved position number xx.

USALS is a calculation that made by the receiver each time the user selects a new satellite. This calculation is based on the install locations Longitude and Latitude. If the install Longitude or Latitude is inputted incorrectly, the motor will be instructed to move to the wrong position or direction.

When the satellite is manually added to the receiver, the orbital location of the satellite must be correctly entered. This is NOT your install location. For example: Galaxy 28 is entered as 89.0 west.

Thanks I reset the motor and now it moves the right way. Signal has dropped a bit so I will have to get that bracket to be able to move motor assembly to fine tune. If I have any more problems I will upload a picture of what I mean with the location in USALS.

Reactions: FTA4PA
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts