Conical Scalar ring for offset dish c-band

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I just received the entire kit!

90CM Off-Set Dish
Conical Scalar Ring
65 MM Holder
DMX741 C/Ku LNBF

I am going to test the DMX741 on my 10 foot Unimesh Scanning/Testing dish first and hope to put together the Mini-Bud setup for testing by the weekend.

Will have results soon!

My dmx741 and conical scalar ring from Galaxy Marketing arrived late yesterday afternoon. I was able to test it a little before it got dark. The only offset dish I have is a 90cm fortec. The holder attached perfectly to the dish without any modification. I was able to quickly locate Shepards Chapel on G16 @ 99w. In fact I was able to get that channel(which is analog) with no static at all. I switched to my pansat 3500sd receiver and was able to get World Harvest TV locked in with 32% quality. I couldnt get anything else to lock, but it was getting dark and rain was coming. I will hopefully have some time this weekend to test some more. I may need to get a 1.2 meter dish for better results.

Ice,

Can I make a formal request?

Whenever you test your 1.2m out with your new ring, can you also provide some DCII readings?

Anything 4dtv and the skyvision stuff on 105w would work.

Anything 4dtv and the skyvision stuff on 105w would work.

bad news

I tried to see if I could lock 105. As most know there is a subscription offering on 105W and I thought if I could get that satellite with decent results maybe folks could subscribe. Well my curiosity turned to sadness. The best I could lock on a music channel was +3.0 which is just barely above threshold. If it was a video channel it would pixelate a lot. Audio channels play fine. So much for that idea.

I could lock LESEA and an HD feed on G16 fine on my one meter Winegard. But I could do that with a regular scalar ring, an even LESEA without one. I would expect better results with a 1.2M.

I could lock LESEA and an HD feed on G16 fine on my one meter Winegard. But I could do that with a regular scalar ring, an even LESEA without one. I would expect better results with a 1.2M.

same here. I was able to lock World Harvest on the 40x30 Primestar but at a very low quality. Havent tried the conical on the P* yet :)

Just a flying visit :)
Nice to see some of the old faces, I finally moved to a place with lots of open space so I can see the full arc - the mini-bud with the conical scalar is still alive, although stationary for now.

Keep at it!

Could you imagine C band on a small 90cm Ku band dish.... :eureka

Any volunteers??

I just tried on my 90cm dish (Geosat dish)..since it was at my true south I moved the dish to 91 qand locked Word Network at 40-45 quality and a scrambled feed at 30. But couldnt get a sniff of CW.

Tried a few of the "stronger" sats like 97, 99, 101, 121 and the really strong stuff I could get with a 15-20 signal. Not enough to keep it stable.

I wonder if an oblong dish would work better to reject side interference?

for a minute there . . .

I wonder if an oblong dish would work better to reject side interference?
That's a very good idea.
Anyone with a DirecWay dish want to give it a try? - :up
I believe they're 39x23 inches. Might perform like a 1m for beamwidth.

Also, how wide are those rectangular Prodelin dishes you see on gas stations?

Oh, wait. You know the problem?
We don't have conical scalars to match the non-round dishes.
You know what the scalar looks like on a Primestar 84e dish?
... well, we'd need a C-band version of that!

Still worth a test drive, though. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)