Connect to internet wirelessly?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

stonoguy

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 24, 2008
Please help!!! Please inform me on the correct configuration to wirelessly connect my HR20 receiver to my wireless router. The receiver has RJ11/RJ45 (I forget which is which) connector not a USB connection. Does the connection on the receiver supply the 'antenna' with the voltage it needs to operate correctly? Thanks much!!

You can't connect an HR20 wirelessly, unless a dongle would work. The RJ45 connector is for a wired connection.

I was going to add that the network adapter utilizes a USB connector........oh well!

You will need the Ethernet adapters, that plug into an electrical outlet. Netgeat is a good unit to buy.

Powerline ethernet is very iffy.
Easiest way is to use a wireless game adapter...

Yes, people do, but in some installations they won't work at all, and in others their performance is very erratic. It often depends on which branch of the power system the two adapters are located. In my last house, they would not work at all.

Powerline ethernet is very iffy.
Easiest way is to use a wireless game adapter...
Not anymore. They actually work very well, with the current generation of chip set, that is being used. Most times when you see problems with them, is in Mutil-Tennant dwellings. That being multiple units using them, since they are unable to run Ethernet, or MoCa.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)