Connecting a mac to Vga

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Dannymcenrow

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jun 1, 2009
Detroit MI
Hi all.I have a 60 inch tv in my livinroom thathas a vga in for computer.But the thing is I have a mac and I don't have a vga connector for a monitor so I can't connect it.I remember back in the 90's they used to have something called moniswitch that could switch from Dvi to Vga.Does something like that still exist?I wanna connect it in a way that I can switch to the tv and then switch to my regular monitor without having to disconnect and reconnect cables.And do u people think my videocard can even support a tv this large?My computer is an old Apple power mac G5 running leopard with1.5 gig memory and dual 2.0ghz processors.

No that;s not what I want.
Because with that I'm gonna have to disconnect and reconect cables everytime I wanna switch between my tv and my regular monitor.
I wanna know if there is something that will make me switch easily from my desktop monitor to the tv and back

Using the VGA port on many televisions is useless. Many are restricted as to the resolutions that they support. My TV is a 61" model but the VGA port is limited to 800x600. Newer TVs offer different modes, but none of them seem to be common computer resolutions which makes getting a correct aspect ratio problematic.

I'd recommend looking to something that produces an HDMI or component output from the computer.

I have used 4 diffenent LCD tvs and none of them have limited my resolutions that low. All of them have gone up to 1366X768 or something like that. Can't test my new one... no vga port. I need a MiniDVI to HDMI adapter for my macbook.

I have a 60 inch Sony wega sxrd.
The tv is only 1.5 years old.
The dell thing won't work for me I have a mac.
But I guess this is not possible without spending a lot of money and getting a really expensive video card to make it work.
The thing is I do't even know if I can FIND a videocard for this computer.
I think it only accepts PCI cards

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts