Connecting DP34 To DP44 (adding receivers)

jdsabin1

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 15, 2005
Central IA, USA
I've tried to search and read as much as I can and I think I have the answer but want to make sure.

I currently have 3 811's and a 942 DVR, running into a DP44 (I own one of the 811s). My DP44 switch is full and I want to add two more receivers to my setup (just basic non-HD receivers so will buy them from DishStore probably).

Anyway, can I buy a DP34 and have the DP44 run to it, and then connect my two rooms/receivers to the DP34?

Thanks in advance!

Yes you can. If you have 4 satellite locations going into the DPP44 you will lose one of them since the DP34 can handle 3 satellites.

My current setup is a DPP44 with a DP34 off the DPP44 switch.

My DP44 switch is full and I want to add two more receivers to my setup (just basic non-HD receivers so will buy them from DishStore probably).

Just a thought, instead of buying 2-311 receivers, get a 322. You will save $5/month receiver charge if you have it connected to a phone line, & you will only need 1 line from your DP44 switch w/a DP seperator, & 1-322 will be cheaper to purchase than 2-311's

Just move 1 of your 811's to your new DP34

Yes like others have said it works fine. I am wondering my self what 4 birds you are getting?

i've been serch & read alot the post but still can't find the answer. can someone help. i have dp34 (port1, 118.port2,119.port3,110.use 311) trunk to dp44 (port1,118.port2,119,port3,110port4,9x,use Viewsat ) the dp34 working fine only dp44 has problem by the book said the port 1, have to use power insert, but when i insert the power cord the stb won't on if i unplug the power cord connect the cable to port 1 than everything will be fine. did i missing some info or got the bad power cord? any suggestion will be great.

Out of curiousity, "What is on Input Port 4 of the DPP44, or what is Satellite 9x?"

In my opinion, there is not much free stuff on 119/110/118.7 to justify buying a DPP44 to feed a Viewsat FTA.:confused:

Since you are really having problems getting your Viewsat to work, I suggest you start a new thread on the FTA forum here. It is moderated by Iceberg, and he is pretty bright and I'm sure he can help.

Let him know the specific model Viewsat you have and what software version you are running, so that you don't play 20 questions.:D

DP44 switch mounting for the DISH 1000+

522 loses signal on 1 of 4 connections

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)