connecting Hopper online questions

vivithemage

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 13, 2009
MPLS
I am trying to connect my hopper online, and it works fine, gets an internet connection and everything. It also tests OK.

My problem is, I cannot see it connected in my, mydish, as I want to start setting DVR stuff, and it is MUCH easier to do on my computer.

Side note, I am a little sad it only has 3 tuners, I thought it had 6 :(. (I am coming from a 4 tuner WMC setup with comcast). Is it possible to add more, now/later?

I am also getting the sling adapter, that is indeed required to view video/tv shows on my ipad/iphone?

One more thing, what can I do via USB? Can I hook up a jump drive for autobackups of recording schedules, or for more TV recording space?

I am trying to connect my hopper online, and it works fine, gets an internet connection and everything. It also tests OK.

My problem is, I cannot see it connected in my, mydish, as I want to start setting DVR stuff, and it is MUCH easier to do on my computer.

Side note, I am a little sad it only has 3 tuners, I thought it had 6 :(. (I am coming from a 4 tuner WMC setup with comcast). Is it possible to add more, now/later?

I am also getting the sling adapter, that is indeed required to view video/tv shows on my ipad/iphone?

One more thing, what can I do via USB? Can I hook up a jump drive for autobackups of recording schedules, or for more TV recording space?

You can add an OTA tuner which sells for $30 and that would bring your tuner count to 4.

Yes, a sling adapter is needed to view live tv or DVR content on your iPad.

You can hook up an external hard drive as a back up for recordings or as additional storage. The DVR timers and receiver settings are saved automatically into the remote.

Are you logged in at dishonline.com or mydish.com? You set timers from Dishonline and the receiver is displayed in the upper right corner of the screen.

The Hopper's internal hard drive is 2T, even if you record a lot of programs, it will take a while to fill it up. You may be able to set timers using DishOnLine, but you do need the sling adaptor to view them. You can add a 2nd Hopper to have more tuners, but you would need a second sling in order to view them.

Thanks! That worked, it was in the drop down. IS it possible to verify my remote is saving my schedule'd shows? Also, is it possible to change the default recording settings? The defaults when I set the recordings online are not what i'd like.

Also, when I hook in a HDD how do I tell it to copy recordings, or new recordings?

Anymore info on the OTA? Does it need rabbit ears to work or anything, and can the shows that are on there use that as a default as opposed to a dish' tuner?

Thanks! That worked, it was in the drop down. IS it possible to verify my remote is saving my schedule'd shows? Also, is it possible to change the default recording settings? The defaults when I set the recordings online are not what i'd like.

Also, when I hook in a HDD how do I tell it to copy recordings, or new recordings?

Anymore info on the OTA? Does it need rabbit ears to work or anything, and can the shows that are on there use that as a default as opposed to a dish' tuner?

Press and hold the 0 button to bring up the system Wizard and it will display the last back up date.

For the ota module to work, you need some sort of antenna or something connected to the usb tuner.

When you hook up the EHD you just need to access the Recording Transfer icon on the main menu. You aren't able to copy, this moves your recording to the EHD. To have a copy, you would need to record a second copy after you move the first one to the EHD.

The ota channels can not be used for prime time anytime.
Dish set this up to use only one sat tuner for all four major networks.
This really saves on available tuners if you watch a lot of network tv.

Good to know, where can I purchase one? Also, I switched from wireless to ethernet, and now the box does not show up in my dishonline, do I need to do something to resync it?

Good to know, where can I purchase one? Also, I switched from wireless to ethernet, and now the box does not show up in my dishonline, do I need to do something to resync it?

At my Dish.com or a DIRT member but they may be out of stock currently.

You should be able to just refresh your web browser to get it to show up online if it's connected to BB. If that doesn't work, try clearing cache cookies or try another browser to test it.

Understood.

Do they need bunny ears or anything? Or can I just hook the dongle up and it will receive OTA stuff and become used as a tuner?

Makes sense, I can get one, I wonder how well it will do in my condo with mesh walls, haha.

Any ideas on my recording timer setups? Some show up as configurable in dishonline, some do not have the option. They also do not use my default settings and schedule record every new @ rerun, and only save up to 6, yet I set it to what I want on the hopper + the web browser and still sets it incorrectly. Anyone else notice that?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts