Connecting multiple LNBFs to Multiple receivers

Status
Please reply by conversation.
correct

If you hook a LNB to a multiswitch, you'll notice a 13v and a 18v port. H polarity sends 18v to the LNB and V sends 13 volts. Whejn you hook it to the multiswitch, you have to hook both ports up otherwise you'll only get whatever side you hooked it to

If you plug it in the 13v side, you wont get Horizontal polarities. and vise versa

if you want to run 4 LNB's to one reciever, use a 4x1 diseqc switch. Then you'll have both polarities on all LNB's :)

Thanks!

So, in summary, the SAM4402 can be used to connect the Ivacom Quad to 4 receivers or 2 seperate dual LNB's to 4 receivers.

In addition, you can use 3 or 4 lnbs, but will be limited by polarity per which inputs you use (V or L for 13v and H or R for 18v).

one last question:

if you are just hooking up to a LNB and not to a switch, does LNB power need to be set to 13v/18v or just to ON?

"on" or 13/18 whichever your receiver supports.

One of my receievrs just says "on" and the other has both on/off and 13/18

3 Lnbf Mount

3 LNBF

[image]http://www.adventistsat.com/mmatv/Images/3LNBFBRACKET.JPG[/image]

If I have AMC4, what else could I get with this?

IA5 (97) & IA6 (93) or maybe IA5 & G11

going the other way would's be feasable because you'd be on 105 & 109...nothing there :)

3 LNBF Mount

Is IA5, IA6 or G11 within 20 degrees of AMC4? and since I live in deep south Texas, how much does that impact it?

Wouldn't doing the 22khz switches downstream of the DISEqC switch (as the Sadoun diagram) allow the use of a universal LNB on a port that doesn't have a switch?

E.G.

-------DISEqC Port 1 -- 22KHz Switch< 2 LNBFs
-------DISEqC Port 2 -- 22KHz Switch< 2 LNBFs
-------DISEqC Port 3 -------------- Universal LNB
-------DISEqC Port 4 -------------- Universal LNB

Or am I understanding the application wrong?

SatAdam said:
Wouldn't doing the 22khz switches downstream of the DISEqC switch (as the Sadoun diagram) allow the use of a universal LNB on a port that doesn't have a switch?

E.G.

-------DISEqC Port 1 -- 22KHz Switch< 2 LNBFs
-------DISEqC Port 2 -- 22KHz Switch< 2 LNBFs
-------DISEqC Port 3 -------------- Universal LNB
-------DISEqC Port 4 -------------- Universal LNB

Or am I understanding the application wrong?

yes you can use a Universal LNB on a Diseqc switch but since the Universal has a 22k switch built in (for high and low band), you can't use a 22k switch...what you have posted is fine as long as the LNB's attached to those 22 k switches are standard LNB's

disqec port 1-----22k switch---universal WILL NOT work

Very cool. I will be getting my 80cm dish today, if I point it at G10R, is there any way to side saddle another LNB to it so I can get a couple of satellites?

That bracket looked nice, but I was thinking the CBOA method of hose clamps.

CBOA?

If you use it for G10, you can put a DBS LNB on the right side (if you stand behind the dish) for the audio on 119 and if you want another KU on the left side for StarNetwork movies :)

I already have a subscription to Dish, so 119 is covered. Is there any inch spacing math to tell you how much space to put between the LNB's to get a starting point?

What's a StarNetwork?

oh yea,

CBOA - Cheap B%@#^% Of America

Star Network is on 129 satellite.

The only issue is with 123 there really isn't much on either side. The KU satellites on either side are
IA7 (129)
Satmex5 (116.8)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts