Connecting to PC

maizenbluedoc

Original poster
Jan 19, 2008
My old TV has died, so I want to connect my dish cable to my new Dell 8300 PC. My satellite is on Ch-60, but I need to use either Ch 3 or 4 to connect to the PC. How do I change the channel on the Dish Network to be compatible with my PC? Thanks.

I could not find anything related to changing the input channels. It is possible I overlooked it, but I thought I gleened the whole manual. Thanks for the helpful tip.

I have the VIP 722 receiver. I cannot access a channel compatible with what Windows Media requires. When I connect a small single pole indoor antenna, the local channels are viewable with some pixelation on some of the channels (understandable) I assume I will be unable to access satellite tv because I cannon get channels 3 or 4 on the modulator setup. Thanks for the info.

I have not encountered such a bizarre problem with Media Center, though my experience is limited to the W7 version. At one point, I even had it scanning a "tuner" which in reality was my Hava Platinum connected up to my 722. Why can't you just tell MC to scan for channels, regardless of frequency? If it won't behave, and you can't trick it, then try cranking up the TV tuner software that came with your tuner, whatever that is. In my case, it's Arcsoft Total Media.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)