Connecting two receivers to each other

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jenom

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 22, 2006
I have connected my first FTA receiver's LOOP OUT to the "LNB IN" on the second receiver. They are both a same make & model.
Manual says: "Loop Out---Output the dish LNB in signal"

When either receiver is OFF or in STANDBY mode---to other one works fine.

However, when both is ON, ---getting a weak signal on both, almost every channels on the second receiver, and on many channels on the first receiver.

Anybody has any experience regarding this ?
Possible solution or any suggestions ?

Thanks!

When you slave two receivers together your slave will always be stuck on the same polarity as the master receiver!

Do you mean, only one of them will work at the same time ?

Any other way to have BOTH working at the same time ?

get a dual LNB and run each receiver independently

The way you are running it, the 2nd reciever only gets the same polarity as the main.

What kind of setup do you have?

Thanks !

I have two 18" Ariza dishes beside each other, each with dual LNB, connected to a 4 port DisEQ, 100 ft coax, two Skyview 600s receiver.

I was hoping that it will not come to this, but I guess, I need to buy another switch + more cable, and use the second connection on the LNBs !

My better half won't be to happy to see more cables on the wall and in the backyard.....but if it needs to be done, than it needs to be done !

At my northern location Lo 79.4 W/La 43.7N I can get: AMC4, Galaxy 4 & 11, Satmex5, Panamsat5, and SBS6 .....others are either too low or an 18" dish is just too small.

You are using regular dual DirecTV LNB's?

Amazing! What channels are you gettting on the satellites you listed!

No, one is a dual Eagle....? , the other is a dual "no-name-chinese?/taiwanese?/malaysian?/indonasian?-copy-of-something-else"

I have two receivers and the 2nd one is looped to the first. I have had problems with this set up when using a Universal LNB. Iceberg has recommended setting the Unversal to a LO of 10600 with the 24k on but it didn't work for me, it might for you if you have a universal LNB. No issues when strapping on the Standard LNB. That is, of course, when both receivers are watching the same polarity.

jenom said:
No, one is a dual Eagle....? , the other is a dual "no-name-chinese?/taiwanese?/malaysian?/indonasian?-copy-of-something-else"

Since you will not answer my PM or pager message!

I will ask again What channels are you getting on the satellites you listed?

Sorry, PSB. Maybe my G10R setup is not the info being requested here. I'll step back and see how much longer it takes before you lock it up. ;)

Vacosta said:
Sorry, PSB. Maybe my G10R setup is not the info being requested here. I'll step back and see how much longer it takes before you lock it up. ;)

No probem!

Just find it strange that he is picking up linear satellites with an 18" dish (two of them) and a DBS LNBF!

CLOSED!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)