Connecting VOOM STB to HDTV Computer Monitor with 15pin RGB

Stunzer

Original poster
Aug 25, 2005
Hi,
I have a VOOM OTA Receiver I bought on Ebay, which works fine with my NetTV HDTV computer monitor via the S-video cable but I believe I'm not getting any more than 480p(?), & won't until I connect thru the RGB IN of the monitor. The VOOM receiver however doesn't have a 15pin RGB OUT & the NetTV doesn't have a Y, Cb, Cr Component IN, an HDMI IN, or a DVI IN.
I've tried connecting the two, from the Y,Cb,Cr Component OUT of the Voom receiver to the 15pin RGB IN of the monitor, with a cable I bought, made by Python, but to no avail, no picture.
I love the picture I'm getting using the S-video connection, but of course I want the best possible.
What do I have to do from here? Any suggestions? I know I could trash the VOOM receiver & buy another OTA STB that has a 15pin IN, or buy another HDTV monitor that has a good choice of connections but I'm trying to make what I have work to it's best capabilities.
Any advice or comments appreciated......

Last edited:
I don't think it will. The DVI-D Interface on the box does not have RGB component. It's digital only.

No ABC-HD or PBS-HD from SF Bay Area

Multipath?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)